help plz trying to use pc speakers for both TV and PC but getting buzzing sound from the speakers

Found 28th Feb 2011
Hi,
i wanted sound from my tv to come out of my pc speakers so i used a 3.5mm connection from my tv's headphone socket to my desktop (mic) and then simple went to manage audio devices> selected the recording tab>microphone properties>. listen (tab) then just ticked a box called 'listen to this device, it works but i have a buzzing sound coming out from the speakers

there's nothing wrong with the speakers as if i take the wire off it works fine and there is no electrical devices such as mobile etc nearby and when i untick that box, the sound goes back to normal but obv not getting sound from tv still. Any tips, thanks

21 Comments

Any tips, thanks

take off speaker covers, remove bees = fixed thank me later (_;)

you need to find the line in on your sound card in PC and plug the jack in there.

Original Poster

dontasciime

you need to find the line in on your sound card in PC and plug the jack … you need to find the line in on your sound card in PC and plug the jack in there.

thanks but i did that, noise still there any other ideas?

change the cable, has the tv not got a dedicated sound output.

Which model number is TV and what make is sound card on PC, or what motherboard have you got if you are using onboard.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 28th Feb 2011

Original Poster

dontasciime

change the cable

the cable is new JVC bought it some time back for £18 from dixsons but never opened it untill now

does not mean it's not faulty and you paid how much 18 quid for an audio cable.

Original Poster

dontasciime

does not mean it's not faulty and you paid how much 18 quid for an audio … does not mean it's not faulty and you paid how much 18 quid for an audio cable.

i doubt its the cable but will try it on something else

Original Poster

okay i done some testing and cable is fine, so i thought it might be the TV so i tried out my headphones on my tv and the same sound is coming from there also, so its my tv but i dont have that sound when i am listening to it normally?

maybe it's a dry / broken joint on the headphone output has the TV not got any other sound output options like RCA/ left/right red/white terminals ?

Original Poster

dontasciime

maybe it's a dry / broken joint on the headphone output has the TV not … maybe it's a dry / broken joint on the headphone output has the TV not got any other sound output options like RCA/ left/right red/white terminals ?

these are the connection it has

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac234/s_a786/IMG-20110228-00006.jpg

What's the model number of tv ? as that photo is too dark for me.

Original Poster

dontasciime

whats the model number of tv as that photos too dark for me.

LG M227WD

http://i.imgur.com/Bl9Lr.png

If you have an optical input on your sound card you could use that and connect optical cable from the tvs optical output [5] to the soundcards

Original Poster

okay thanks i have one on my graphics card but its called SPDIF (i think) is that the same thing because its shaped exactly like the optical connection on my tv?

it will need to be spdif -in or if your ati/ nvidia gfx card allows switching on it via software.

Original Poster

dontasciime

it will need to be spdif -in or if your ati/ nvidia gfx card allows … it will need to be spdif -in or if your ati/ nvidia gfx card allows switching on it via software.

it doesnt say 'in' or 'out' just SPDIF, so im guessing i would be able to switch it on via software?

which gfx card is it ?

Original Poster

dontasciime

which gfx card is it ?

its a Sweex NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB PCI-E btw the buzzing sound has disappeared so all is good but have another problem now, the sound from my tv only comes out if the pc is on im guessing because the green wire from the speakers is connected to the pc tower, so anything i can do there?
thank you

You could get yourself an all in one cinema system or maybe the logitech z5500 would work better for you with pc/360/ps3/dvd/your tv/sky hd/ etc. They have gone right back up in price now as stock must be scarce. Anyways ideally you need somthing that decodes & has optical in.

pixmania.co.uk/uk/…A==

Edited by: "dontasciime" 1st Mar 2011

Original Poster

dontasciime

Thanks for all your support dontasciime, not really looking to spend that kind of money just yet so i appreciate your help and the your time

Many thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…79
    2. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?22
    3. Electric Bike Advice.11
    4. Foo fighters presale code.2424

See more discussions