Groups
    EXPIRED

Help: possible scam! I have received a lot of free SIMs in the post recently.

If there is a better forum or site for this query please let me know.

In the past 3 days I have received 3 free SIM packs in the post, 2 from talk talk (I think, I immediately returned to sender) and 1 from O2. They address is mine but the name is not mine and they are all being sent to the same name.

Is it possible that someone has found my personal details and I'm about to be scammed in some way?

Thanks for any advice.

14 Comments

Banned

Keep an eye on your bank account (_;)

What name is on them X)

Banned

If they are free sims then how is it a scam? Surely the word "free" would indicate that no money has changed hands.

Do you know the name? they could be for a neighbour but they put the wrong number on the address?

Original Poster

If they are free sims then how is it a scam? Surely the word "free" would … If they are free sims then how is it a scam? Surely the word "free" would indicate that no money has changed hands.

It is not the SIMs themselves that I am concerned about, I am worried that maybe this is the initial stage of a scam to associate a name with an address so that it looks genuine for something more costly, a phone for example.

Do you know the name? they could be for a neighbour but they put the … Do you know the name? they could be for a neighbour but they put the wrong number on the address?

I don't recognise the name although it is the same name on all 3 SIM packs.

Thanks for giving me your thoughts, I hope I'm just being paranoid. I just think it is very suspicious that so many of these SIM packs would start arriving in the post all at once. I'll see if any more arrive and keep an eye on my bank account.

Maybe someone doesn't like you and has signed your address up for freebies,you'll probably get TENA ladies next oO

Banned

deb8z

Maybe someone doesn't like you and has signed your address up for … Maybe someone doesn't like you and has signed your address up for freebies,you'll probably get TENA ladies next oO

Somebody sent me a sex catalogue a couple of year's ago oO

DLM

I shouldn't laugh but i am X)

Banned

deb8z

I shouldn't laugh but i am X)

It was the neighbour's son who didn't live with her.

What a weirdo
    Edited by: "DLM" 28th Sep 2010

DLM

What page are you up to at the moment? http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/jumpingphil/giggle1.gif

Banned

Jumpingphil

What page are you up to at the moment?

I am very skint :cry:

What a coincidence , I got 2 SIM cards [ 02 & 3] last week through the post , my address was spot on but the name Leonard Coulter is totally false .My UK INFO CD tells me there is no one in my county let alone the street or village with that name .
    OP , you haven't done a phone survey by any chance ?? I did a month back , some indian asking me loads of questions about phone deals ,charitys etc and I seem to be getting alot of phone calls from companys since then .

If anyone knocks on your door and ask for them just say you didn't receive them or say you posted it back to sender. I had a letter once to say a Mobile was posted to my address and could i sign for it !!............ The mobile turned up,but did i sign for it ??...... did i S***, !!!!......... all scams

Op you are being paranoid.

Sim cards in the post mean f all I can go onto a website and get More delivered for free if you give me your postcode /thread
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…44
      3. Review Hub Monthly Competition - Win a OnePlus 5!88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat1010

See more discussions