Groups

Help posting a console

Hi All

I've just flogged a console on ebay and now need to send it. Does anyone have any info on cost effective sending? Want it to be insured and recorded delivery/tracked. I know that postage deals are on here from time to time, but can't seem to find one.

Any help gratefully received, cheers and happy new year!

11 Comments

Ive used collect plus in the past to post consoles, pretty reasonable (they charge by size and weight) and can be tracked etc.

What console is it that you're looking to send? Value, size and weight are important.

Bear in mind that if you've specified that you'll use a specific delivery service in the eBay listing, the buyer may well expect you to use that.

Original Poster

Hiya, it's an XB1. Will have a look at Collect Plus, was also considering Myhermes as well. I charged the buyer £9 for postage but would envision it will cost more than that. Thanks for the advice.

You tried parcel2go using the code to get £10 off first order?

Code firstfree
    Edited by: "tomdavidrichards" 1st Jan 2015

Myhermes
    And drop off at one of the collection points
    Make sure you tick the boxes for insuance required
    And you want it signed for
    They will make 3 attempts and wont just dump it somewhere
    Used them for years
    Will cost you under £9

parcel monkey

Take a note of the consoles serial number and probably make a hidden mark on the console and a video of packaging it? Make sure you get the right compensation and tracked signature. Don't sell to low feedback people as you will be prone to scammed but this is with big ebayers as well. ...

Do NOT use MyHermes. Worst company ever! Look at Parcel 2 Go as above and use the £10 voucher. I posted an Xbox 360 a few months ago with UPS via P2G and came to about £5 with the voucher, fully insured and tracked. Go for the reputable company, especially for an item of high value like an Xbox One.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

I don't think Myhermes would pay out for game consoles if they got lost, as it would probably count as an 'electrical item', which they don't pay compensation for.

Comment

Transformers

I don't think Myhermes would pay out for game consoles if they got lost, … I don't think Myhermes would pay out for game consoles if they got lost, as it would probably count as an 'electrical item', which they don't pay compensation for.

They have a list of items they'll carry but won't cover. Whoever you go for, read VERY CAREFULLY what they do pay out for as the reliability of all couriers rests on the end delivery guy who often doesn't get paid much and cuts corners if recipient isn't in - leading to lost parcels, fake signatures and items left in dodgy places.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …713
      2. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?47
      3. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD410
      4. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!34

See more discussions