HELP PREGNANCY AND WORK PROBLEMS.....

Found 4th Mar 2009
Problem one: I am pregnant in my 25 weeks+5days and I'm getting back pain and still haven't had a risk assessment. In spite of keeping telling my manager I need one but nothing has been done.

Problem Two: I have given to my manager it s been 4 weeks ago my maternity leave and my MATB1 to send it to HR but they lost it

Problem Three: Rang HR to tell them about it and tell them to send me a breakdown for my maternity they wrote me back to tell me I am not untitled to maternity payment but they are going to send me The SMP1 because I have been sick few times (sickness related to pregnancy) and in spite of working with the same company approximately 2 years now, they havent take it on consideration.

Anyone knows about this kind of things and any suggestion.
I am really stressed with that.

9 Comments

firstly, try not to worry, baby can feel all your stress hormones.

secondly go see citizens advice bureau to see where you stand regarding the financial aspects.

I am self employed and received maternity allowance. SMP is better than maternity allowance as its a higher amount, ( though its taxed maternity allowance isnt ). If you cant get SMP you may be able to claim maternity allowance so, dont fret yet. Go see someone and get legal advice !

Try to focus on the positives.. you're having a lovely baby! x x

dwp.gov.uk/adv…7a/

Guide to maternity benefits on the above link.

do you have a surestart available to you?

surestart.gov.uk/

Original Poster

thanks ClarityofMind for your advice, i am trying to stay calm but my employer isn t helpful at all. in addition i am also afraid that i lose my SMP as they said they want the MATB1 before a 15 weeks of the due date and i am now 25 weeks+

luna;4550376

thanks ClarityofMind for your advice, i am trying to stay calm but my … thanks ClarityofMind for your advice, i am trying to stay calm but my employer isn t helpful at all. in addition i am also afraid that i lose my SMP as they said they want the MATB1 before a 15 weeks of the due date and i am now 25 weeks+

dont worry i handed mine in about 12 weeks before due date but im still getting paid smp.

Regards your risk assessment. If they have failed to carry one out they are in breach of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.

You should seriously consider reporting your employer to your local authority Environmental Health Dept - providing your vocation comes under their authority, and that your day to day work activities merit a specific RA in relation to your pregnancy.

Do you have a Union membership and shop steward - if so take the issues on points 2 and 3 to them - if not, take the matter to the Citizens Advice.

Original Poster

thanks a lot for your advice.Moob by the way if i report it to the local authority Environmental Health Dept. are they going to do something about it??? and what is RA???

luna;4551112

thanks a lot for your advice.Moob by the way if i report it to the local … thanks a lot for your advice.Moob by the way if i report it to the local authority Environmental Health Dept. are they going to do something about it??? and what is RA???

Yeah, because they (like myself) enforce health and safety at work within a large part of the working public - they are duty bound to look into any complaint made in regards health and safety matters such as yours.

RA = risk assessment.- sorry, work typing on the go there.

Original Poster

i am wondering what is the difference between maternity payement and SMP???? anyone know about that???

SMP is what you get if your employer doesnt think you are due their own maternity payment. AFAIK, SMP is paid by the Government and mat pay is paid by your employer. There is therefore a difference in money as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options77
    2. Flowers for anniversary44
    3. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?33
    4. Help: NowTV Movie pass923

See more discussions