Groups

Help !!!! Present for my mum ....

Hi, its my mum's birthday in two weeks and she will be 67. She is not been well lately with that dreaded disease and i can't think of what to buy her for her birthday. She will be having radiotherapy whilst its her birthday and will be off her feet. I want to buy her something really special to show her how much we love her and how strong she has/is being...Any ideas would be much appreciated....

26 Comments

Banned

i dont know what to get mate but hope everything goes well and all the best for the future mate, stay strong

What about a digital photo frame with photos of all her family on she can look at them all without having to move

hotukdeals.com/sea…e=7

I don't know if it will be too tiring, but what about a facial at a local beauty salon? Utterly relaxing and pampering.
    A digital photo frame with a slideshow of her friends, family, holiday snaps, good times etc. for her bedside table?
    An orchid or some flowers for her bedroom - when you feel like poo it's nice to have something living to look at.

Vouchers for a pamper session when she is feeling up to it?

How much are you looking at spending?

What about some really pretty silk scarfs to cover her head in case of hair loss. And if you can afford to spend few hundred perhaps a note in with them saying if you want a nice hair piece we will get you one mum

How about getting your family together and getting a professional photo done?

A lot of mums dont have a photo of their kids/grandkids and really wish they did/love it when they get one

pamper hamper
    fortnumandmason.com/Pro…spx
    johnlewis.com/Sea…ers

got any family abroad? - arrange to be online and take laptop round plus champagne and munchies

family get together and video singing happy birthday - get all old photos and add them - burn on a disc -

How About A Prepaid Mobile,so She Can Talk At Any Time.ps Good Luck

Original Poster

gsettle24;6354423

i dont know what to get mate but hope everything goes well and all the … i dont know what to get mate but hope everything goes well and all the best for the future mate, stay strong

Thanks x

Original Poster

gsettle24;6354423

i dont know what to get mate but hope everything goes well and all the … i dont know what to get mate but hope everything goes well and all the best for the future mate, stay strong

jeany123;6354435

What about a digital photo frame with photos of all her family on she can … What about a digital photo frame with photos of all her family on she can look at them all without having to movehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/search.php?action=search&keywords=digital+photo+frame&category=&type=1&date_range=7

Great idea but we got her one of those for Mothers Day when she was diagnosed x Thanks anyway x

Original Poster

sickly sweet;6354461

I don't know if it will be too tiring, but what about a facial at a local … I don't know if it will be too tiring, but what about a facial at a local beauty salon? Utterly relaxing and pampering.A digital photo frame with a slideshow of her friends, family, holiday snaps, good times etc. for her bedside table?An orchid or some flowers for her bedroom - when you feel like poo it's nice to have something living to look at.

She loves Orchids, i might see if i can get a really special one....x Thanks x

Just remember, you're probably the best present she's ever had good luck - thinkin bout yer...

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;6354471

Vouchers for a pamper session when she is feeling up to it?How much are … Vouchers for a pamper session when she is feeling up to it?How much are you looking at spending?

I normally spend around the £50 mark but i don't mind spending me.

We used go to Champneys at Springs every year, i might get an open voucher for a Mother and daughter overnight stay......mMMMmmm thats sounds nice for me too as i go into hospital on Wednesday for an operation xx thanks xx

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;6354485

get all the family round to say happy birthday

We will all be there for definate xxx thanks xx

Original Poster

DIVA1977;6354495

What about some really pretty silk scarfs to cover her head in case of … What about some really pretty silk scarfs to cover her head in case of hair loss. And if you can afford to spend few hundred perhaps a note in with them saying if you want a nice hair piece we will get you one mum

She has already lost her hair and has a love hair piece xx Thanks xx

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;6354548

How about getting your family together and getting a professional photo … How about getting your family together and getting a professional photo done?A lot of mums dont have a photo of their kids/grandkids and really wish they did/love it when they get one

That is a really nice idea, there are 7 grandkids, plus me and my 2 sisters xxx thanks, that might be a winner.....

Original Poster

holly100;6354555

pamper hamper … pamper hamper http://www.fortnumandmason.com/Product/The-Ladies-Pamper-Hamper,195,499.aspxhttp://www.johnlewis.com/Search/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=hampers#&&/wEXAQUHYWpheFVybAVNU1JUL0dpZnRzL0ZvcitIZXIvU2lsdmVyd2FyZStHaWZ0cy9TaWx2ZXIrR2lmdHMvNzY5OS8wLzAvUHJvZHVjdENhdGVnb3J5LmFzcHjGmdZNUeJD0ipWKGpA6D/uulPvYg==got any family abroad? - arrange to be online and take laptop round plus champagne and munchiesfamily get together and video singing happy birthday - get all old photos and add them - burn on a disc -

No family abroad, we are all local to her....we will definately be there singing happy birthday with the champers, chocs and flowers....if anyone deserves to be pampered, it my mum xx

Original Poster

fluff27;6354557

How About A Prepaid Mobile,so She Can Talk At Any Time.ps Good Luck

She has a mobile phone but hasn't got a clue how to use it lol, thanks xx

Original Poster

marmalade47;6354605

Just remember, you're probably the best present she's ever had good … Just remember, you're probably the best present she's ever had good luck - thinkin bout yer...

Arh, thanks, that brought a tear to my eye xx thanks xx

tmcghee;6354657

That is a really nice idea, there are 7 grandkids, plus me and my 2 … That is a really nice idea, there are 7 grandkids, plus me and my 2 sisters xxx thanks, that might be a winner.....

Well my nan was thrilled with hers, still got pride of place about 8 years later, and shes the sort that arent pleased with anything!

Of all the women I can think of (mum, aunties, friends etc) most of them would be really pleased with a photo of their kids and/or grandkids done professionally

Hope she is feeling better soon and hope that you are doing ok too, I know how hard it is on the family.

what about a photo montage .i got 1 for my 40th .also a diary my mum passed away last yr and no1 knew she had written 1 and was so nice for us to see how she was feeling during treatment and how she felt about us all .its even made my daughter start 1 at ten yrs old :thumbsup:

how about a goodsphere, my mum loves hers, I think the actual company has gone bust but there are pure air ones and someone sells them on ebay, also the sandalwood oils to put in it are really nice
    edit - did go bust but opened again also the pure air on ebay are good I have one of these as well as a goodsphere

jeany123;6354435

What about a digital photo frame with photos of all her family on she can … What about a digital photo frame with photos of all her family on she can look at them all without having to movehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/search.php?action=search&keywords=digital+photo+frame&category=&type=1&date_range=7

I think that's a lovely idea Jeany You are a gem:)

What about buying an mp3 player and preloading it upwith her favorite music so that she'll just need to know how to turn it on/off and select a track

A bit more expensive, but what about an ipod touch which she can put some music/games/movies on to use when she's having treatment/travelling in the car/in bed etc.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions............xxxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?814
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1117
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2881007
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814131

See more discussions