Groups
    EXPIRED

HELP - problems with tomtom satnav

Banned
    I have not been driving for about 3/4 months so my tomtom one satnav has not been used. Now when I plug it in to the power supply I see a green light showing that is getting power but it is not turning on. I have tried leaving it charging overnight, and using the reset button but its still doing the same. Anyone seen this before or got any ideas? Thanks

15 Comments

Depends on what you call the reset button - there's a reset button at the back of the device that you need a paper clip to press. You have to press and hold it in for about 5 secs.

Mine had the same problem but after I pressed the reset button a few times it worked. I keep a paperclip in the car now as its happened a few times - usually on a buggy version update thats fixed pretty fast.

Original Poster Banned

fugjostle;3004208

Depends on what you call the reset button - there's a reset button at the … Depends on what you call the reset button - there's a reset button at the back of the device that you need a paper clip to press. You have to press and hold it in for about 5 secs.Mine had the same problem but after I pressed the reset button a few times it worked. I keep a paperclip in the car now as its happened a few times - usually on a buggy version update thats fixed pretty fast.

yeh thats the button, still nothing
    think its got something to do with the battery running down when it wasnt getting used

Does it work when plugged in to a power supply? If it's the battery, then it should still power up when plugged in.

Original Poster Banned

Mad Professor;3004253

Does it work when plugged in to a power supply? If it's the battery, then … Does it work when plugged in to a power supply? If it's the battery, then it should still power up when plugged in.

i have tried cars 12v lighter connection for power, as well as running through usb on laptop. still nowt

When you press the 'on' button, does the green light come on? Then go off when you release the button?

If the battery was discharged they it may need a mains charge to charge up properly.

This happened to mine recently.I had to take it back to the shop in the end to get fixed.He said that it was quite a common problem.

Original Poster Banned

Mad Professor;3004331

When you press the 'on' button, does the green light come on? Then go off … When you press the 'on' button, does the green light come on? Then go off when you release the button?

no only gets green light constant when on power supply

Original Poster Banned

i have a receipt somewhere and may just end up taking it back. Im too lazy to look for it though lol

Yeah, try the mains if you can, otherwise I guess it's back to the shop. What model is it and how old?

If it's one that takes an SD card, try taking it out & popping it back in.

I've got a v2 and I occasionally have this problem.

Works for me every time

Original Poster Banned

doesnt take a card and only about 10 months old

Mine does it all the time, take out SD card, hold in reset button for 10 seconds, put back together.

THEN... when turning on hold the power button for 10 seconds.

If that doesn't work, have your tried connecting to your PC, does it appear in the tomtom home application?

Sorry just seen post about no card... Is it a V3?

Original Poster Banned

Celticsun;3004730

Mine does it all the time, take out SD card, hold in reset button for 10 … Mine does it all the time, take out SD card, hold in reset button for 10 seconds, put back together.THEN... when turning on hold the power button for 10 seconds.If that doesn't work, have your tried connecting to your PC, does it appear in the tomtom home application?Sorry just seen post about no card... Is it a V3?

yeh think its a v3

I Had The Same Thing Again And Again. Just Google The Model Number You Have And Type Manual Or User Guide. Remember There Are Two Reset Buttons. The One You Need To Hold For 10secs Is At The Back Of The Charger Unit That It Clips On. It Is A ****** To Find That Reset Button, But It Should Work.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Best £500 student laptop choice?22
    2. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…44
    3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming33
    4. Memory foam mattress topper33

See more discussions