Help re a car! Peugeout 206?

Found 18th Apr 2009
Been looking for either a focus but cant find one I like. I have also been looking for a fiesta, astra or corsa. No luck with any of them! So now I am thinking now about getting a Peugeot 206 - dont know anything about them. R u they any good? Need a car as my car one no good anymore, but cant find any!!! So thinking about other cars! Thanks (will leave rep).

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
28 Comments

I had a peugeot 206, W reg, 4 door 1.1 and had no problems at all with it.
Traded it in for a Ford Focus Zetec, if this is your first car I would recommend the peugeot as it is cheap to run, cheap tax and low insurance.

Original Poster

skusey;4963652

I had a peugeot 206, W reg, 4 door 1.1 and had no problems at all with … I had a peugeot 206, W reg, 4 door 1.1 and had no problems at all with it.Traded it in for a Ford Focus Zetec, if this is your first car I would recommend the peugeot as it is cheap to run, cheap tax and low insurance.

Thanks! Its not my first car, been driving for 6 years.I need something bigger than a corsa (what I have now) for me and my daughter, cant find a focus anywhere and peugeots seen pretty nice

I don't like Peugeots. French engineering, stupid design decisions. Cars are very subjective, brilliant for one is terrible for another.

I can't believe you can't find a good Focus, Fiesta, Corsa, or Astra. I think you just need to look harder!

Original Poster

Heavertron;4963690

I don't like Peugeots. French engineering, stupid design decisions. Cars … I don't like Peugeots. French engineering, stupid design decisions. Cars are very subjective, brilliant for one is terrible for another.I can't believe you can't find a good Focus, Fiesta, Corsa, or Astra. I think you just need to look harder!

I have been looking - believe me! Its so hard to find one that isnt scratched or damaged!

Banned

bargainhunter2009;4963706

I have been looking - believe me! Its so hard to find one that isnt … I have been looking - believe me! Its so hard to find one that isnt scratched or damaged!

what sort of budget you got mate? maybe look at a vw golf or even a polo?

imo 206 is a bit girly unless u get the gti or something

bargainhunter2009;4963706

I have been looking - believe me! Its so hard to find one that isnt … I have been looking - believe me! Its so hard to find one that isnt scratched or damaged!

Sounds like your budget is too low, if all you can find is poor condition in your price range.

Original Poster

casparwhite;4963723

what sort of budget you got mate? maybe look at a vw golf or even a … what sort of budget you got mate? maybe look at a vw golf or even a polo?imo 206 is a bit girly unless u get the gti or something

I am a girl!!! Prob wana spend £4k ot there abouts

casparwhite;4963723

what sort of budget you got mate? maybe look at a vw golf or even a … what sort of budget you got mate? maybe look at a vw golf or even a polo?imo 206 is a bit girly unless u get the gti or something

she is girly :-D

Original Poster

Heavertron;4963732

Sounds like your budget is too low, if all you can find is poor condition … Sounds like your budget is too low, if all you can find is poor condition in your price range.

No I want to spend about £4k. I have been looking at 2002 onwards in focuses which is quite a healthy budget I think

snap bh, arnt your supposed to be studying:-D

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;4963752

snap bh, arnt your supposed to be studying:-D

yeh I should be! spent the day looking for cars though! Oops! Properly start study monday!! Thanks Michelle!

bargainhunter2009;4963770

yeh I should be! spent the day looking for cars though! Oops! Properly … yeh I should be! spent the day looking for cars though! Oops! Properly start study monday!! Thanks Michelle!

ha ha. I'll be no help but can honestly say dont buy a clio, dire, Ive seen my kids build better with lego :-D

Banned

loved my Peugeot 206 Quiksilver, best car I ever had, comfortable, nice to drive etc

also very safe if you roll it

RIP my car

michelleleemoo;4963781

ha ha. I'll be no help but can honestly say dont buy a clio, dire, Ive … ha ha. I'll be no help but can honestly say dont buy a clio, dire, Ive seen my kids build better with lego :-D

I have a clio :-(

Banned

bargainhunter2009;4963737

I am a girl!!! Prob wana spend £4k ot there abouts

lol that be alrite then

found heaps of focus'
autoexchange.co.uk/iad…=28

maybe u seen em tho?

bitseylango;4963823

oh no!

bitseylango;4963823

mind the bonnet

skusey;4964133

mind the bonnet

why?

Original Poster

bitseylango;4964144

why?

seen it on watchdog, the bonnets can fly open - caused by a faulty catch

skusey;4964133

mind the bonnet

the catch, happened to mine, should have had a recall notice to take to a garage bits

michelleleemoo;4964175

the catch, happened to mine, should have had a recall notice to take to a … the catch, happened to mine, should have had a recall notice to take to a garage bits

a particular make/ year etc?

bargainhunter2009;4964166

seen it on watchdog, the bonnets can fly open - caused by a faulty catch

no the catch wasnt working properly and the bonnets were flying up when people were driving

bitseylango;4964183

a particular make/ year etc?

dont think it applies to the newer models but mine's an x reg grande and letter was sent recorded delivery

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;4964186

no the catch wasnt working properly and the bonnets were flying up when … no the catch wasnt working properly and the bonnets were flying up when people were driving

yeh sorry that was another car then I realised so I changed it! Lol I was not quick enough!

Peugeot = Pants

French cars = cheap plastics, bad reliabiltity, poor resale values, expensive repairs.

Better off going for a VW polo, golf or Vauxhall corsa.

michelleleemoo;4964196

dont think it applies to the newer models but mine's an x reg grande and … dont think it applies to the newer models but mine's an x reg grande and letter was sent recorded delivery

mines an 06 new shape, so maybe mines ok :-D

Check out Toyota Yaris and Corollas.
Very reliable, cheap to insure and run.

You cant go wrong with a Renault Clio.

Drove 2 of them from brand new to 100 000 miles plus on the clock and very rarely got any problems with them. Great cars.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ashes thread(prizes)58
    2. Gran Turismo Sport - Collector's Edition (PS4) £79.54 Delivered @ Amazon.de11
    3. Is Black Friday a big con!2231
    4. Beetlejuice Remake87

See more discussions