Groups

Help RE: paypal charges

Ive just sold some items on ebay, the same person bought 2 items totalling £45.00. Ive been charged £1.73 in fees, should the person sending the payment pay these fees? I know its not a great amount but ive other items for sale as well and don't want to end up paying fees for ebay and paypal.
    Any help is appreciated. Thank you

10 Comments

nop seller pays these fees

No, seller usually pays if through eBay. If you sold on here then you could took Paypal gift.

Original Poster

Thanks both, just to make sure im clear on this! I know I have to pay the ebay fees. But I also have to pay the paypal fees as well?

Banned

yes

Banned

yes

Yep,Paypal fees are 3.4%+ 20p

Original Poster

Ok thanks everyone.

Yeah you pay ebay listing and end of listing fees and paypal fees for using paypal, but there's no other real alternative as ebay wont let you use google checkout. It's a total manopoly. Buyers very rarely use cheques or postal orders anymore.

Why a large software firm doesnt jump in and undercut ebay I dont know. Google would be perfect for this but it seems all the large companies seem to be caught up in providing multimedia services such as video and music downloads.

super_leeds_86

Yeah you pay ebay listing and end of listing fees and paypal fees for … Yeah you pay ebay listing and end of listing fees and paypal fees for using paypal, but there's no other real alternative as ebay wont let you use google checkout. It's a total manopoly. Buyers very rarely use cheques or postal orders anymore.Why a large software firm doesnt jump in and undercut ebay I dont know. Google would be perfect for this but it seems all the large companies seem to be caught up in providing multimedia services such as video and music downloads.

Won't let you use anything but paypal anymore I believe.

Banned

super_leeds_86

Yeah you pay ebay listing and end of listing fees and paypal fees for … Yeah you pay ebay listing and end of listing fees and paypal fees for using paypal, but there's no other real alternative as ebay wont let you use google checkout. It's a total manopoly. Buyers very rarely use cheques or postal orders anymore.Why a large software firm doesnt jump in and undercut ebay I dont know. Google would be perfect for this but it seems all the large companies seem to be caught up in providing multimedia services such as video and music downloads.

some have tried and failed. Ebay have a captive market so no-one is gonna spend millions trying these days. People wouldnt switch even if someone else did it cheaper. Just look at the customer lethargy with banks. Sky high charges but all people do is whinge about it but cant be @rsed to move to a cheaper one.
    Edited by: "csiman" 20th Sep 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions