HELP ! Recommend me buy a Video (VCR)

10 replies
Found 17th Sep 2008
Hi all

My Sony Video Player is playing up while recording anything even on new or used tapes. I believe the recording mechanism is gone faulty where as the playback is fine.

Can anyone recommend me a a cheap or average VCR Video Cassette Recorder please.

Thanks in advance...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

I think they are all cheap now! If you can still find them on the High Street.

get marty to drive u to the nearest stockist.

seriously though saw this direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx bit more practical....

but if u want a straight up one... u could ask tesco to let u know when this comes back in stock? direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

otherwsie fleabay? or even freecycle!!!

if you live near north east i have one you can have for not a lot of money - not going to post it though.

Original Poster

I live near heathrow...

thanks for the replies everyone..pls keep posting

dude why dont you jst get sky+ will be better for you in the long run....or a dvd recorder

Original Poster

Actually this is for my mother and I did propose her the DVD recorder but it will be complicated for her to understand and operate as she is not that technical...

Secondly, she has a pile of blank VHS tapes as well as some recorded ones on which she record her TV and sky soaps everyday plus she exchanges the tapes with her friend who also use VCR.

thanks

greatwhite;2989778

Actually this is for my mother and I did propose her the DVD recorder but … Actually this is for my mother and I did propose her the DVD recorder but it will be complicated for her to understand and operate as she is not that technical...Secondly, she has a pile of blank VHS tapes as well as some recorded ones on which she record her TV and sky soaps everyday plus she exchanges the tapes with her friend who also use VCR.thanks

ah ok makes sense

greatwhite;2989778

Actually this is for my mother and I did propose her the DVD recorder but … Actually this is for my mother and I did propose her the DVD recorder but it will be complicated for her to understand and operate as she is not that technical...Secondly, she has a pile of blank VHS tapes as well as some recorded ones on which she record her TV and sky soaps everyday plus she exchanges the tapes with her friend who also use VCR.thanks

blesssssssssssssssssssssssss

Original Poster

Thanks very much magicbeans..

Just ordered couple...thanks for your help and this is what I was after.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …23
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769471
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247632
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422868

See more discussions