Help regarding a DHL delivery im expecting

Found 26th Oct 2010
Hi im expecting delivery of my new phone today, dhl will be delivering it but i now have to pop out for a few hours, what happens if they try to deliver to me while im out, could i collect from the depot later today?

thanks
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
You'll have to wait and see what the card that they push through the door says - not sure if you'd be able to collect today though, as it would depend on what time the driver gets back to the depot.
jellybaby22

if they bother to put a card through the door ( DHL never do if I miss a … if they bother to put a card through the door ( DHL never do if I miss a delivery ) It usually says you have to phone to arrange a redelivery... I just phone my local depot about hour befofre they close and they tell me if I can pick it up or not.... sometimes you cant if driver isnt back

ok if not i guess i could collect it from the depot tomorrow?
They will leave a card and you can collect from depot or if you phone the automated service, you can re-arrange for another day to save you a trip. You will need to tap in the parcel number and service centre code (on the back of the card). Simples.
tallpete33

They will leave a card and you can collect from depot or if you phone the … They will leave a card and you can collect from depot or if you phone the automated service, you can re-arrange for another day to save you a trip. You will need to tap in the parcel number and service centre code (on the back of the card). Simples.

ok what about ID as i have my driving licence but it has my old address on it and not the one they are delivering to, could i bring like a utility bill aswell along with it

thanks
what I would do is just leave a note saying "Dear DHL if not in please leave calling card, and leave package with a neighbour, thanks *signature*"

Most of the depots for couriers around are way are 40 odd mins away so it saves the hassle.

I dont ask my neighbours lol but they are nice anyway, if you have arsey neighbours might be better to ask them first if you put a note like that out
strobez1977

ok what about ID as i have my driving licence but it has my old address … ok what about ID as i have my driving licence but it has my old address on it and not the one they are delivering to, could i bring like a utility bill aswell along with itthanks

yep they should accept both your licence and proof of address
So did u miss them????? x
funkinghellfire

yep they should accept both your licence and proof of address

I love your name hahaha x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants