Help regarding flashing and unlocking a k750i.

7 replies
Found 28th Mar 2009
As above really.

I wana put the walkman firmware on it and also unlock it, lastly i wana try some custom themes too.

Any one have a quick or easy guide?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

if it'sa newer model you can't, the cid number has to be 36. google davinci unlocker to check.

Original Poster

k750i is an old model ..

MarzBarz;4765174

k750i is an old model ..

Is that sarcasm, becasue if it is, actually do some research on what you're looking into first, instead of trying to be clever .

Depending on HOW OLD it is, it will be either cid 36 or cid 49 (49 were released in the 2nd half of its lifespan). If it's cid 36 it's a simple flash (google davinci as i said earlier), if it's 49 then you can't do it.

Original Poster

the dandy p;4765571

Is that sarcasm, becasue if it is, actually do some research on what … Is that sarcasm, becasue if it is, actually do some research on what you're looking into first, instead of trying to be clever .Depending on HOW OLD it is, it will be either cid 36 or cid 49 (49 were released in the 2nd half of its lifespan). If it's cid 36 it's a simple flash (google davinci as i said earlier), if it's 49 then you can't do it.

Meant its the older model. I know about this stuff. But thanks for the info. Davinci costs doesnt it?

not to check the cid number, just to flash.

I thought phones with up to CID52 could be flashed now?

Check the guides linked toon this page: forums.se-nse.net/ind…447

Detailed info here too: akshayy.com/son…20/

p.s. Davinchi costs about £7 i think. Could be wrong though. I went dwn the free route myself for my K750i and K800i unlocks

oldmanhouse;4781010

I thought phones with up to CID52 could be flashed now?Check the guides … I thought phones with up to CID52 could be flashed now?Check the guides linked toon this page: http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=24447Detailed info here too: http://www.akshayy.com/sonyericsson/tutorials/anyall-cid-patching-tutorialguide-db2020/p.s. Davinchi costs about £7 i think. Could be wrong though. I went dwn the free route myself for my K750i and K800i unlocks

You can unlock them easily enough, it's putting the w800i firmware on the k750i that's the problem.
The w800i was discontinued when there were only cid36 phones around, thus the software only works on them. Due to the fact that the k750i was a more mass market handset, it stayed around ayear or so past cid 36.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Swimming goggles for 3 year old11
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22
    3. What is gearbest like on warranty?78
    4. Whatsup number, confused33

See more discussions