Groups
    EXPIRED

Help: Regarding Tax please - phone number required

Hi

Basically ive been taxed like 5 times so far even though im a full time student and its my first job. I sent my p45 when I started. Does anyone have a phone number which i can i call to query about this? I've had a look on the hmrc website and just got confused.

8 Comments

How much have you earned since April 2009?

Original Poster

Hmm I started in November probably just under 1,500

Original Poster

Spriggan;8076278

You need to contact your local tax office, you can find it here: … You need to contact your local tax office, you can find it here: http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/locator/locator.jsp?type=1

hey thanks, just browsed through and found a number, guy was helpful and said i was on the wrong tax code, hes changed it and my tax shall be paid back to me on the 25th xD.

You'll still taxed even if you are a student and it's your first job. The only thing is your allowance will probably be £6,500 so you won't hit that, unless you earn £5,000 before April 6th. They'll then rebate the cash after April the 6th that they've taxed you if you are under your allowance. I think that's right.

Original Poster

The2020;8076357

You'll still taxed even if you are a student and it's your first job. The … You'll still taxed even if you are a student and it's your first job. The only thing is your allowance will probably be £6,500 so you won't hit that, unless you earn £5,000 before April 6th. They'll then rebate the cash after April the 6th that they've taxed you if you are under your allowance. I think that's right.

ooh my bad i thought if your a student you won't get taxed, don't know where i heard that :lol:

Thanks repped everyone

Original Poster

The2020;8076383

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/LifeAtUniversityOrCollege/DG_10035694Here you go if you want to read up

Thanks for that, had an interesting read.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764224
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio812
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1220
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141

See more discussions