Groups

Help removing Kaspersky from XP

Hi

A friend of mine has had Kaspersky Anti-virus on her PC for a year now, and last week subscribed for another year. This caused her computer to go mad and she was unable to get it to boot up.

I have been round and had a play with it, got it working again (via system restore), but she re-did her subscription again and surprise, surprise, it crashed again.

Yesterday i went over, did system restore again and got it running, but want to take Kaspersky off and put AVG on instead. Unfortunately I have come across a problem.

I cannot remove/uninstall Kaspersky using Control Panel / Remove Programme. Is there another way to do this successfully? Not even the Uninstall option in the Start Menu works?

Anybody got any (good and usefull) ideas?

Thanks!

9 Comments

There is a remove option if you go start,programs and then kaspersky.... Well there is on mine...

I see you've tried that.... Sorry

lesson:

dont buy Kaspersky?

If you don't get it sorted out by the weekend drop me a pm and i'll ask some of the guys at work

Try downloading and installing crapcleaner (ccleaner) ]directlink
    That is good at uninstalling unwanted software and cleaning the registry too.

Here is a removal tool from Kaperskys (it is a known problem apparently)
    support.kaspersky.com/kis…380

Previous poster beat me to it!

you will need to delete the Kaspersky registry info also,

start>run>regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>software>KasperskyLab

Original Poster

sorted now, thanks and rep to all

I'm using kaspersky 7 on four computers without any performance issues, the only glitch ive had was when it quarantined roboform classing it as an hidden data sender which was easily sorted. Its not a security package for set it and forget it types though as there are many options that can be tuned by the user.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764190
      2. What do these 2 men have in common11
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846156
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1421

See more discussions