Help removing Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007

Found 29th Nov 2008
My son has down loaded Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 on his laptop. Now uf he tries to use powerpoint, excell, access and groove, a box comes up with installer and then disapears?? , although word works fine. It does this everytime and although he can then use the application, he has to wait ages everytime for about an hour for the application to load.

He wants to remove Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 and re load his old Office 2003 which he is more used too and works fine, BUT the Add or Remove currently installed programs does not allow home to do so. He thinks he may have to remove windows installer 3.1 first , but there is no option to do so.

Any ideas as he is driving me mad.

5 Comments

support.microsoft.com/kb/…218

This is Microsoft's uninstall procedure. Looks like it will take some time. I'd advise printing off the instructions and working through them.

is it the full & official version? I would not uninstall it if i were you they worth hundreds of pounds.

i need to know more to be able to help this problesm but you can try to run Office enterprise installer and select Repair. If it doesnt fix the problem, just install Office 2003 without unsinstalling the 2007. tehy can work side by side

nuabdi;3603134

is it the full & official version? I would not uninstall it if i were you … is it the full & official version? I would not uninstall it if i were you they worth hundreds of pounds. i need to know more to be able to help this problesm but you can try to run Office enterprise installer and select Repair. If it doesnt fix the problem, just install Office 2003 without unsinstalling the 2007. tehy can work side by side

The problem is it was a download. These downloads can be problematic as many forums suggest. This is why Microsoft has put the uninstall procedure online. If it is not an offical download, there may be other problems such as spyware.

yeah if its a torrent download, sometimes theyre nasty

I use ccleaner to remove troublesome software. You can download and install ccleaner.exe free from e.g. filehippo.com. It is an excellent bit of software for cleaning up your system and not at all difficult to use. Works with Vista and XP

Good luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions