Found 26th Jun 2008
After some advice from you all out there. My dad joined Total Fitness 2 days ago and paid an annual membership upfront.

Now after him going for the last 2 days, he says he hates it, the facilities were poor & unclean and he wants to cancel his membership.

My question is, is he entitled to cancel under the 7/14 day rule that you can back out of a deal under law ?

Thanks for any help.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

There should be a cooling off period but the longer he leaves it, the less refund.
I am guessing they are entitled to keep at least 1 month's subs

Supermod

Does his contract state a cooling off period? It might well be that they say he can join and without using the facilities leave within 7 days. You will need to study the contract he signed.

All details should be in the contract he signed but ~I think you are getting mixed up with the distance selling regulations when you have seven days to cancel

Original Poster

tonyd19565;2399318

All details should be in the contract he signed but ~I think you are … All details should be in the contract he signed but ~I think you are getting mixed up with the distance selling regulations when you have seven days to cancel

I thought nowerdays every contract has a 7 day cooling off period ? sure i read it somewhere.

4paws;2399351

I thought nowerdays every contract has a 7 day cooling off period ? sure … I thought nowerdays every contract has a 7 day cooling off period ? sure i read it somewhere.

Not at all, most contracts that are signed on a business premises are binding unless there's a get out in the contract. Signed in your own home/on the street is handled differently.

Supermod

4paws;2399351

I thought nowerdays every contract has a 7 day cooling off period ? sure … I thought nowerdays every contract has a 7 day cooling off period ? sure i read it somewhere.

No. Every contract is different. You need to check the terms.

Some contracts you can opt out of within say, 7 days. Some you can opt out of if the service is changed or if they dramatically increase the price you pay or deliver poor service.

i stopped goin to mine they said i cnt cancel it i just cancelled the direct debit

did he not get a look around or trial before hand? or was he offered one? if he wasnt given or offered one you could use that to state your case.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564085
    2. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault1311
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769220
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2382

See more discussions