Groups

Help required- buying from USA website

I am considering buying a TAG watch from a website in the states (jomashop) does anyone on here know how much import duty i would have to pay. I assume i would pay 15% Vat also. the watch costs $840 if that helps calculate. thanks in advance

idb13

6 Comments

customs.hmrc.gov.uk/cha…ent

customs.hmrc.gov.uk/cha…172

a start but there loads about it. All I know all different types of items have different % amounst to be paid. But when I've imported certain items like for children,toys,clothes it's usually been about 25% of the value. So if the same applied to a watch of $840 then expect to pay $210 in tax approx.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5372910

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000199&propertyType=documenthttp://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageImport_InfoGuides&propertyType=document&id=HMCE_CL_001172a start but there loads about it. All I know all different types of items have different % amounst to be paid. But when I've imported certain items like for children,toys,clothes it's usually been about 25% of the value. So if the same applied to a watch of $840 then expect to pay $210 in tax approx.

Thanks Mum2c&c watch is about 30% cheaper depending on fx rate so might chance it

Got my Tag from Barbados - paid £600 less than it was over here (enough to go fly over there & buy it yourself).

Go on, just fly out there & have a mini holiday

I flew back from Boston last week. They were selling Tag's in the duty free store at Logon airport. They looked a very good price.

Also, coming off the flight at Heathrow there was no one at the customs point !

Original Poster

I would love to fly to Barbados n but don't think the wife and kids would be too happy !!
    thanks any way
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions