Help required from Mirror Newspaper readers

Found 6th Jan 2011
This week the Mirror where running a promotion with the Great North Run to allow you to enter into a separate ballot for a place in the race.

I think the promotion was in tuesday's paper.

If someone would be kind enough to dig out the paper and let me know the details of how to apply, this would be very kind.

Thanks in advance

7 Comments

Original Poster

Yes that's right. Are you able to help?

DLM

Is it this … Is it this run:-[url=http://www.greatrun.org/events/event.aspx?id=1]http://www.greatrun.org/events/event.aspx?id=1[/url]

Banned

ericagradus

Yes that's right. Are you able to help?

My bf's dad buys the mirror.

I will see if he still has tuesday's tomorrow.

The other thing I find cheeky is that you have to enter your card details now, but for me, 4 of us have registered! If only 1 person get's a place then we won't be doing it as it's a long way to go by yourself!

I think it should be... you have a place, you have x days to pay, if you don't pay there will be a re-ballot! this will continue till all 3000 places have gone!

It makes so much more sence!

Original Poster

TheOvenglove

The other thing I find cheeky is that you have to enter your card details … The other thing I find cheeky is that you have to enter your card details now, but for me, 4 of us have registered! If only 1 person get's a place then we won't be doing it as it's a long way to go by yourself!I think it should be... you have a place, you have x days to pay, if you don't pay there will be a re-ballot! this will continue till all 3000 places have gone!It makes so much more sence!

I agree, but if only a couple of you get in, in the ballot. You can still run through one of the major charities if you can meet their fund raising target.

It is a great day out and Newcastle is worth a visit any time.

I really want a place in the ballot so I can run for my chosen charity. O.S.C.A.R.S. Oxford Radcliffe Children with Brain Cancer help group)

I ran it for charity last year but i did so much that this year I need to do runs etc for me. There is only a certain amount of times you can ask people for money! I managed to get over £2,500 last year (over sevaral events) so deffo need a year off begging people for money!

Good luck with your entry
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 195 ***1226
    2. David Cassidy is in critical condition with organ failure11
    3. water bill56
    4. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1326

See more discussions