Groups

HELP REQUIRED laptop gone funny....

Clicked on my username, on laptop and all i get is ~

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

any ideas, how to set it back to normal??

6 Comments

err im hopeless at things like this but you could do a system restore to when you were a date when you were last able to make it work ? x

Like nicki said, a System Restore would do the job, if your after a quick solution.

to do a system restore you will need to go into safe mode, this is done by tapping the F8 key just after switch on and selecting "Safe Mode" from the menu that appears

Why would you need to go into safe mode? You are restoring to an earlier point you are not testing for corrupt drives

tonyd19565;3068951

Why would you need to go into safe mode? You are restoring to an earlier … Why would you need to go into safe mode? You are restoring to an earlier point you are not testing for corrupt drives

It's not necessary but probably the easiest way then they will automatically be met with the admin login.
    Also the cause of the problem isn't known so safe mode will prevent any unnecessary/problematic programs loading. this may help establish the cause of the lock out.

Original Poster

BIG , BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL>>>>>> I did the system restore, safe mode,F8............The lot.

And bingo...............its back to normal !!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't know how it got there in the first place, but who cares it's working now....... WELL HAPPY !!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846223
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32161
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416145
      4. I've got 2 for 1 codes to use at Thorpe Park/Sea Life, Yeoken vouchers, The…34

See more discussions