Help required - will this even work with my laptop?

Going on a long flight soon, so I thought I'd purchase an empower supply for my Dell Vostro 1000. Just need someone to have a quick look.

eclipsecomputers.com/pro…00P

That is the item I'm looking to purchase which is very nicely priced, however I'm unsure if I can use any of those connections for my Vostro 1000.

I would appreciate any advice. Goes without saying but rep for all those who help.

Zak.

7 Comments

Banned

I'd be surprised if the plane you are going on has power to run a laptop anyway. these are normally only in first / business class.

Dells can be really tricky, I know on mine if it doesnt think its getting its power from a genuine dell charger it won't try to charge the battery

The one you've listed there does 19volts, mine says it needs 19.5 volts.

You might find it runs the laptop but with reduced performance and doesnt charge?

It's been a while since I've flown, but I don't remember seeing power available to passengers.
I suppose you could get a long extension lead from Maplins and ask the captain if he could plug it into the cigarrette lighter socket up the front.

Banned

Jumpingphil;3816391

It's been a while since I've flown, but I don't remember seeing power … It's been a while since I've flown, but I don't remember seeing power available to passengers.I suppose you could get a long extension lead from Maplins and ask the captain if he could plug it into the cigarrette lighter socket up the front.

LOL :thumbsup:

Banned

Zak_k

I think you'd be better off getting a high charge spare battery.

Most importantly, put the laptop on to a low energy plan when on the plane as this can add 50% to the battery life.

don;t turn off when not using for short periods (half an hour or less). Put it to sleep instead. Get an mp3 player if just wanting to listen to music too.

Original Poster

What I really wanted to do was watch divx movies and play games (high spec games i.e. nfs undercover / fifa 09 etc.) So I really needed some power to run my laptop.

Anyways perhaps this would be slightly better suited - ]http//ww…723

Again, all comments are appreciated, Zak.

Banned

Once again, unless you are travelling first or business class, then its highly unlikely any aeroplance with have power points
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614062
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523398
    3. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…77
    4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185922

See more discussions