help - returned multiple items same package but retailer only stating they received part of it.

Posted 20th Nov
wonderful sports direct.
Against my advice my partner decided to order from sport direct. They did not use paypal to pay so of course we had to pay return shipping. I packaged & sent the return package which contained the 2 items ordered (as we wanted to return both). This was sent via royal mail signed for.
Sports direct emailed confirming order returned but only documenting one of the 2 items & have only refunded that said item.
There is no mention of the other item (which ironically was the more expensive one!).

i've emailed customer service for an explanation but not holding out hope as know how horiffically bad SD reputation is. I full expect them to claim there was only 1 items in the returned package.
My question is, can I & if so how , prove that I returned BOTH the items? ... if it helps the proof of postage with tracking number should show the weight of the parcel.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Definitely go with the weight of the parcel as proof. That's a good start. Be interesting to see what else pops up in comments.
6 Comments
Definitely go with the weight of the parcel as proof. That's a good start. Be interesting to see what else pops up in comments.
AnkerMan20/11/2019 21:40

Definitely go with the weight of the parcel as proof. That's a good start. …Definitely go with the weight of the parcel as proof. That's a good start. Be interesting to see what else pops up in comments.

Your genius
The person who opened the package probably pocketed it.... like above call them and say you have proof of weight. Don’t send the receipt in scan or photocopy it....
Yeh I guess they'll argue that the weight doesn't prove the other item was actually packaged though it could have been anything
little_green21/11/2019 14:42

Yeh I guess they'll argue that the weight doesn't prove the other item was …Yeh I guess they'll argue that the weight doesn't prove the other item was actually packaged though it could have been anything

You have nothing to lose, giving it a go...
Bargainhead21/11/2019 14:51

You have nothing to lose, giving it a go...

Will of course. Emailed them awaiting response
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants