Help!! Satinwood out of carpet

Found 11th Sep 2017
I've spent all afternoon painting my skirting boards and right at the end noticed one of my dust sheets was folded in the corner.

Yep there's satinwood on the carpet

Dulux satinwood once to be precise

Any idea what I should use? I've already made the mistake of rubbing and it's spread!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

is it water based or oil based. easy way to tell... is it normal satinwood or quick dry (also check the VOC label on the side, if high its oil based)

Worse case senario can you patch the carpet with an off cut ? Also is your carpet insured ?

Original Poster

bigweapon0750 m ago

is it water based or oil based. easy way to tell... is it normal satinwood …is it water based or oil based. easy way to tell... is it normal satinwood or quick dry (also check the VOC label on the side, if high its oil based)

The voc content is high 25-50%
Edited by: "bettz1" 11th Sep 2017

Use a cheap white spirit, like any stain work inwards, keep using clean spirit and ten finish off with fairy (neat)

Original Poster

kester7614 m ago

Worse case senario can you patch the carpet with an off cut ? Also is your …Worse case senario can you patch the carpet with an off cut ? Also is your carpet insured ?

Yes there insured the marks aren't to bad

Original Poster

31955179-TityN.jpg

Wd40, spray plenty on, leave it for 60 seconds then wipe with baby wipes.

I'd just keep rubbing it.. looks like it's almost come off tbh

I use nail varnish remover to remove paint when I get it on floor, one with acetone works better.
Edited by: "verityjoanne" 12th Sep 2017

Original Poster

White spirit seems to have done the trick
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions