Help SCS sofa return??

Posted 23rd Nov
Wondering if anyone a bit more savvy can help me and I know you guys are whizzes.

I've just took delivery of a sofa I bought from SCS which was described as 'soft white' (leather) and I saw the sample in store and bought it online via paypal.
It has been delivered and it's quite obviously cream. My whole house is white and it sticks out like a sore thumb.
I'm feeling a bit mislead and after renovating this place for 4 months for this to be the last piece of the puzzle I'm about to cry lol!
Does anyone know if there is anything I can do? Or am I just better off taking the hit and selling it on gumtree? I really don't want it.
I've tried calling but they aren't open until Monday.

3339979.jpg
3339979.jpg
3339979.jpgThanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Wait till Monday, the fact it’s a different colour to the one you saw is enough. Did you buy it in store or ordered online if the latter you could use distance selling act. Also how did you pay you might be able to do a charge back if they get awkward as item not as described...

but till you ring them no point speculating they might just take it back in the hope you order different from them...
Wait until Monday and give them a call. It could be that after a couple of days you look at the sofa and think to yourself "Actually it looks nice, I like how slightly cream colour of it compliments the stark white of the furniture and adds a little warmth to the look of the room".
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 23rd Nov
Bargainhead23/11/2019 13:19

Wait till Monday, the fact it’s a different colour to the one you saw is e …Wait till Monday, the fact it’s a different colour to the one you saw is enough. Did you buy it in store or ordered online if the latter you could use distance selling act. Also how did you pay you might be able to do a charge back if they get awkward as item not as described...but till you ring them no point speculating they might just take it back in the hope you order different from them...

I ordered it online after seeing the 3inch by 3inch square sample of soft white (also took it outside in daylight) and was happy with that - the sofa on display was brown/fawn colour.
It bares no resemblance to white in the flesh.
I paid online also.
Haircut_10023/11/2019 13:21

Wait until Monday and give them a call. It could be that after a couple of …Wait until Monday and give them a call. It could be that after a couple of days you look at the sofa and think to yourself "Actually it looks nice, I like how slightly cream colour of it compliments the stark white of the furniture and adds a little warmth to the look of the room".

I can't because my house is freshly painted white, all my furniture is white and I have no cream anywhere unfortunately :(.
Cloeeez23/11/2019 13:35

I can't because my house is freshly painted white, all my furniture is …I can't because my house is freshly painted white, all my furniture is white and I have no cream anywhere unfortunately :(.

You don't need to have cream anywhere else, sometimes it's nice to have a piece of furniture in a slightly different shade or colour to stop everything blending in to each other and provide a little contast. But anyway, I can understand that you might well be initially upset that the sofa looks a different colour to what you were expecting. Personally I think your living room looks really nice in the picture with a cream sofa next to the white gloss furniture and looks very complimentary together but that's just my feeling. But as I say you'll have to wait a couple of days anyway to contact SCS, there's nothing you can do right now unfortunately.
Cloeeez23/11/2019 13:30

I ordered it online after seeing the 3inch by 3inch square sample of soft …I ordered it online after seeing the 3inch by 3inch square sample of soft white (also took it outside in daylight) and was happy with that - the sofa on display was brown/fawn colour.It bares no resemblance to white in the flesh.I paid online also.

You can return under distance selling act, no issues...
Looking at the website that soft white is the only light colour available for that sofa, others are two tone or darks. Possible it just looks cream due to everything else being bright white.
Even if they gave you white, it will go cream eventually
Gather all the proof you can that it was supposed to be white and get in touch on Monday. I'm assuming they won't go down without a fight but don't give up.

You've got to live with it and you need to be happy with it.
Did you keep / could you get the sample to compare it to the sofa?
I had carpet once that looked a totally different colour when it was laid to the sample in store.
ellenw23/11/2019 15:34

Did you keep / could you get the sample to compare it to the sofa? I had …Did you keep / could you get the sample to compare it to the sofa? I had carpet once that looked a totally different colour when it was laid to the sample in store.

They didn't allow me to take a sample with me. They have them layed out per couch in store and a photo of the sample wouldn't really do it much justice but i'm certain it was not cream looking.
I think I'm going to go down the sale of goods act not as described because it even looks white on the website example.
It looks a lot worse in the flesh than the photos.
Like people have said I understand because the rest of the house is more white it might show it up but it is literally not even off WHITE it is cream lol.
I really like the couch but it's so disappointing :(.
Those people are SCS are so friendly and nice.....
That’s is until you come back with an issue
So much for being nice I guess
Any update on this?
Nope I sent them an email with stuff along the lines of it doesn't resemble white at all and went down the sales of goods act with the not as described (also added those 3 pictures to prove this). I sent that on Saturday and I haven't heard back yet. I phoned them Monday and they said I should wait for the reply of email and that they're busy cause Christmas. But I'm sure I read on their website they should reply between 24-48 hours.
If they haven't replied to me by Friday I will phone them to tell them I'm then going through Paypal since they're not bothering to give me a response.
Cloeeez26/11/2019 12:07

Nope I sent them an email with stuff along the lines of it doesn't …Nope I sent them an email with stuff along the lines of it doesn't resemble white at all and went down the sales of goods act with the not as described (also added those 3 pictures to prove this). I sent that on Saturday and I haven't heard back yet. I phoned them Monday and they said I should wait for the reply of email and that they're busy cause Christmas. But I'm sure I read on their website they should reply between 24-48 hours.If they haven't replied to me by Friday I will phone them to tell them I'm then going through Paypal since they're not bothering to give me a response.

Paypal is most probably your best option, That'll get them moving. If it doesn't then PayPal will decide in your favour = free sofa
notalwaysright1926/11/2019 08:15

Any update on this?

Update !!! Just had a phone call from them. No arguments. The guy basically said he has seen whites and soft whites and that is not white. He also said that the website obviously doesn't show it how it should and there could also be a problem with the leather batches etc (maybe started off with white, changed suppliers or even added different dyes etc and ended up with more cream than white).
I had 3 options, choose dif colour same couch, choose a dif couch or they come and collect and I get my money back.
I've decided to go for the same couch because I actually really like the couch itself just a shame it's cream. (Dark Grey now).
He phoned me again and there's no extra charges and they'll be in touch about new couch. So whoop !
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 26th Nov
Cloeeez26/11/2019 13:04

Update !!! Just had a phone call from them. No arguments. The guy …Update !!! Just had a phone call from them. No arguments. The guy basically said he has seen whites and soft whites and that is not white. He also said that the website obviously doesn't show it how it should and there could also be a problem with the leather batches etc (maybe started off with white, changed suppliers or even added different dyes etc and ended up with more cream than white).I had 3 options, choose dif colour same couch, choose a dif couch or they come and collect and I get my money back.I've decided to go for the same couch because I actually really like the couch itself just a shame it's cream. I'm unsure whether or not I'll have to repay delivery etc but he never mentioned anything about money on the phone, not even the 80£ charge for collecting the couch.So fingers crossed I don't lose out on any money.

That's really good of them to admit and not fight it!!

Good for you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants