Groups

Help selling Pre-Paid cards on ebay

Hi,

I am currently selling some pre-paid gaming cards on ebay.

However in the last day i have had 2 purchases of a £30 code come back as fraud and so the money will obviously be refunded to the buyer meaning i have lost the codes and the money. (through no fault of my own, confirmed by the company the codes are linked to but paypal still dont want to know)

Can anyone advise as to how they sell them without them coming back? i have had to put a message on the sale of the expensive codes saying i need conformation from the buyer 2 days later to try and avoid fraud before i post the item to them.

Any advise?

thanks!

14 Comments

Gumtree or Facebook for cash. The above is a common scam by scummy sellers.

If you send the code via digital delivery you have no way to defend if the buyer claims fraud I'm afraid, always send them via post and get proof of postage to prove to PayPal/eBay you posted them item in these cases
    Edited by: "johnwillowlfc" 30th Jun

catbeans

Gumtree or Facebook for cash. The above is a common scam by scummy … Gumtree or Facebook for cash. The above is a common scam by scummy sellers.

You calling the OP scum X)

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

If you send the code via digital delivery you have no way to defend if … If you send the code via digital delivery you have no way to defend if the buyer claims fraud I'm afraid, always send them via post and get proof of postage to prove to PayPal/eBay you posted them item in these cases

when i spoke to the gentleman at paypal he said that this still wouldn't be covered by them

From everything i have heard on this site i dont believe it is possible to sell codes online as an independent seller without a high chance of fraud

danboi63

when i spoke to the gentleman at paypal he said that this still wouldn't … when i spoke to the gentleman at paypal he said that this still wouldn't be covered by them

Ah ok, didnt realise this

I sold codes for a PC steam activated game on eBay, 2 buyers came back saying they didn't purchase the games, hacked, whatever. I had emailed them the codes using eBay's message system and PayPal ruled against both buyers,they found no fraudulent activity on their accounts.

skykid3

I sold codes for a PC steam activated game on eBay, 2 buyers came back … I sold codes for a PC steam activated game on eBay, 2 buyers came back saying they didn't purchase the games, hacked, whatever. I had emailed them the codes using eBay's message system and PayPal ruled against both buyers,they found no fraudulent activity on their accounts.

If they had just said the codes hadn't worked, they'd have won their case.

You cannot fully protect yourself from scammers with online codes on EBay. At the very least send to home address - a rookie scammer may get scared when you tell them that you'll report to police as fraud (which it is, but good luck getting anything from the police) and find it suddenly works.

Once bought a code on eBay, don't work, he swore it was genuine and sent a picture. Was only then I realised he'd typed 1 instead of I.

Don't ever sell digital codes on eBay, sign up to AV Forums or a similar site like that to sell in the future.

I've heard Lokal is very good for this!

Yeah, don't use Lokal.

Facebook groups are a good option. What codes are you selling out of interest

Original Poster

benjammin316

I've heard Lokal is very good for this! ... Yeah, don't use Lokal. … I've heard Lokal is very good for this! ... Yeah, don't use Lokal. Facebook groups are a good option. What codes are you selling out of interest

I've got a variety, from wwe 2K17 to racing games to deus ex add ons :L

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help, have tried Facebook but nothing seems to sell... Will keep trying...

I got scammed like this when selling a game code . I now always post the item by recorded mail instead of emailing code as at least I have proof of postage then
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
      4. Back to European satellite tv32

See more discussions