Help setting MCE IR remote on raspberry pi 2 Kodi

Found 13th Feb 2015
Hi,
I have a Raspberry Pi 2 running Kodi with openelec and I'm trying to get the MCE remote control with the USB receiver to work with it but no luck.
I did have a first gen raspberry pi last week and that was just plug and play but with this it's not picking anything up.
Has anyone got any links on maybe configuring it as I like the long extension lead on the receiver,I've googled but can't find anything relevant to this setup only the older ones.
last week I saw a site showing a little bit about testing the remote and configuring it but I didn't save it as I didn't have my new pi then
thanks for any help guys

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskRaspberry PiKodi
4 Comments
pretty sure you need to get the ir chipset id and patch it. I dont think its plug and play like windows
Original Poster
kester76

pretty sure you need to get the ir chipset id and patch it. I dont think … pretty sure you need to get the ir chipset id and patch it. I dont think its plug and play like windows

Thanks for that gives me something else to google
The Pi has much much better IR support if you use GPIO, no drivers needed either, all you need is a cheap IR receiver for under £2 and I used a pc audio cable to connect it, can place the pi out of view as well then.
Original Poster
dcx_badass

The Pi has much much better IR support if you use GPIO, no drivers needed … The Pi has much much better IR support if you use GPIO, no drivers needed either, all you need is a cheap IR receiver for under £2 and I used a pc audio cable to connect it, can place the pi out of view as well then.

hi thanks for the help mate..
you know what though I have got it working now I just plugged it into a different USB port and it worked straight away.
Do you have any idea how you program certain buttons though as I can't get the context menu to work.
thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions