help setting up dvd recorder with t.v that has freeciew built in

8 replies
Found 11th Mar 2008
ive just got a dvd recorder and want to set it up with my t.v. i have a panasonic 26" lcd t.v which has freeview built in, just wondering how i go about setting it up to record t.v etc.

or is it only possible with an external freewiew box

8 Comments

Banned

depends if your tv has an external output connection for freeview. some do, most dont. better off with an external box anyway else you'll be tied to not changing channel from the one you are recording.

Try this, this is the best one I ever found, you can go through this automatic setup for answers, but if it doesnt work just post on the forum and someone will get back to you fairly quickly.

These guys certainly know what they are doing - lots more info on their site

radioandtelly.co.uk/con…php

Original Poster

csiman;1700711

depends if your tv has an external output connection for freeview. some … depends if your tv has an external output connection for freeview. some do, most dont. better off with an external box anyway else you'll be tied to not changing channel from the one you are recording.

ok what does an exteral output look like as there is so many connections on my t.v.

also i didnt know it was possible to record 1 freeview channel and watch another, how would i go about that, would it need a freeview box with 2 scarts on or somthing

Original Poster

ok dont think my t.v has an output for freeview.

ive got a freeview box tho, so how would that work with recording 1 channel while watching another

Banned

tay1982;1700827

ok dont think my t.v has an output for freeview.ive got a freeview box … ok dont think my t.v has an output for freeview.ive got a freeview box tho, so how would that work with recording 1 channel while watching another

your TV has freeview so you can watch that whilst your recorder can record whatever is on the freeview box. plug your freeview box into AV1 scart on recorder.

Banned

I assume your new recorder doesnt have a freeview tuner.

some TVs have the option to switch the av2 input to output instead. it would be in the setup menu if its there. if yours has this then by switching it on you'd be able to output what was showing onscreen to the dvd recorder. but IMHO you'd still be better off using an external box to provide the freeview to the recorder

SCART has the ability to do 2 way signalling, so you could check your manual to see if this is available on your set, and also check the cable you buy is wired for 2 way a a lot aren't
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions