help setting up xbox 360 via HDMI

Banned
hi

i have just tried setting up my xbox 360 via HDMI and i get a great picture but no sound. has this happened to ayone else and if so how did you fix it? i have googled it but get loads of conflicting advice, so thought id ask you lot :-)

thanks for your help

17 Comments

how and what is it connected to? is it on the correct output on the 360?

Original Poster Banned

its connected direct to tv, i was on normal av cable and that was fine got sound and pic, tried to plug into hdmi and great pic but no sound,

Original Poster Banned

the porter;6531721

what settings do you have on the xbox ,my xbox ,system settings?

dunno brb ill check

You have to choose the right audio option from the TVs menu on the hdmi input its incase your using a PC plugged in via a dvi to hdmi adaptor and theres no audio pass through on the graphics card and have to use the RCA or Jack for audio. I had the exact issue with my Toshiba LCD.

Original Poster Banned

the porter;6531747

and also have you updated the xbox as there was deffo a problem with xbox … and also have you updated the xbox as there was deffo a problem with xbox hdmi sound issues which was fixed in a fw update

think this maybe the prob, im not connected to xbox live (yet) and think i maybe on the old dashboard, i read that you could download uopdates onto disc but couldnt find them anywhere :x

Original Poster Banned

polly69;6531727

You have to choose the right audio option from the TVs menu on the hdmi … You have to choose the right audio option from the TVs menu on the hdmi input its incase your using a PC plugged in via a dvi to hdmi adaptor and theres no audio pass through on the graphics card and have to use the RCA or Jack for audio. I had the exact issue with my Toshiba LCD.

hmmm i did have my pc on this tv via hdmi to dvi and i did use an audio jack but its not connected anymore???? do you think this could be it??

Original Poster Banned

the porter;6531771

thats your problem then in feb this year a fw update eradicated this … thats your problem then in feb this year a fw update eradicated this problem just connect it to the internet and your sorted

ahhh, how can i update it without connecting to live??? my ethernet cable is not long enough :x:x

Original Poster Banned

yeah im going to get one tommorow, will buy cat 5 cable and make one, but im very impatient and want it sorting now, thought about moving closer but wife will kill me as i would need to move whole living room around

Original Poster Banned

think i have found the download update to disc thing will let you know in a sec

cant you move the xbox just long enough to do the update, and then move it back?

Original Poster Banned

have just updated with update from fall08, updated fine but still no sound ahhhhh :x

Original Poster Banned

the porter;6531962

whats fall08?

i presume as they are yanks fall08 is autum 2008???? not sure thoug

Original Poster Banned

just found a cable that just reaches and updated via live, :-D.....

still no sound :x

Original Poster Banned

the porter;6532022

try another hdmi cable tinker with your tv settings failing that not a … try another hdmi cable tinker with your tv settings failing that not a clue but its somert n nowt

ahh well ill have a proper play tomorrow time for bed now

nite all and thanks for your help

Original Poster Banned

the porter;6532036

no worries but get it sorted coz it will just keep bugging you till you … no worries but get it sorted coz it will just keep bugging you till you do if your anything like me

couldnt go to bed without one last fiddle and i sorted it yay!!!!!!!!!!!111 :-D:-D:-D

just needed to change the resolution from a pc resolution to 1080i and ound works yay yay yay

Banned

You know what Dave?!

I realised that you needed to change the setting last night but it was too late to ring you.
I forgot we set it up for the PC.

Oh well, Glad you've sorted it now.

We'll have to have a Game later!

yvonne1174;6532123

couldnt go to bed without one last fiddle and i sorted it … couldnt go to bed without one last fiddle and i sorted it yay!!!!!!!!!!!111 :-D:-D:-Djust needed to change the resolution from a pc resolution to 1080i and ound works yay yay yay

Glad you got it sorted I might try using it now and stop using my VGA, and nice to see another toffee here
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions