Groups

Help setting wireless up

I am trying to setup sky wireless i have to set it up manually as it says it cant configue iot auto, but then it is saying authentication required, username and passowrd is being requesting from bskyb can anyone help pls

9 Comments

try username admin password sky

On the normal Sky router you should find your user name and password printed on the label underneath.

There are usually three different usernames and passwords on a router. One for your internet connection, one to get it to change the router's settings and one to connect to the wireless. You'll need to give a bit more detail about what you're trying to set up.

If you've not sure and you've got a laptop or nearby computer try connecting with an ethernet cable (there's probably one in the box) and see if that works. if it does then it's just the wireless you need to set up.

Original Poster

DavieDeal;6922147

try username admin password sky

THANKS NO LUCK!

Original Poster

morrk;6922263

On the normal Sky router you should find your user name and password … On the normal Sky router you should find your user name and password printed on the label underneath.

If you mean the SSD number it doesn't work!

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;6922823

There are usually three different usernames and passwords on a router. … There are usually three different usernames and passwords on a router. One for your internet connection, one to get it to change the router's settings and one to connect to the wireless. You'll need to give a bit more detail about what you're trying to set up.If you've not sure and you've got a laptop or nearby computer try connecting with an ethernet cable (there's probably one in the box) and see if that works. if it does then it's just the wireless you need to set up.

i only have one and thats the SSD and it doesnt work, i am just trying to set up wireless im already connected via ethernet

try: u/n: admin p/w: admin

kate50dadford;6927406

i only have one and thats the SSD and it doesnt work, i am just trying to … i only have one and thats the SSD and it doesnt work, i am just trying to set up wireless im already connected via ethernet

Right, so where are you trying to put the password in? The router control panel login (something like 192.168.0.1 in your browser) or the wireless connection software (either part of windows is the same brand as your wireless adaptor/pc)?

Have a look here;

skyuser.co.uk/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WONGA REFUNDS DUE186925
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764429
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25100
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213629

See more discussions