Help shipping gpu to eBay buyer in belgium

Posted 5th NovEdited by:"mackenzie"
Hi, I've sold a graphics card on ebay and the buyer is in Belgium. When I went on to parcel monkey for a shipping quote I chose parcel force. When I told them what I was sending a warning popped up saying it could be prohibited. When I checked prohibited items I couldn't see a graphics card listed but there were laptops and pcs mentioned that wouldn't be covered for compensation. Has any one had any experience shipping a gpu outside of the UK before? Thanks for any help.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Why don’t you use Ebay’s Global Shipping Program ?
That way you only have to pay postage to within the UK and eBay then ship it out to Belgium with everything else in one container?
If it then get’s damaged in transit you can claim compensation from eBay.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 5th Nov
13 Comments
Why don’t you use Ebay’s Global Shipping Program ?
That way you only have to pay postage to within the UK and eBay then ship it out to Belgium with everything else in one container?
If it then get’s damaged in transit you can claim compensation from eBay.
as above.
Yes global shipping program. As far as loss and damage is concerned, your responsibility stops one you've posted to UK depot.

Too late this time but consider for next.
Yes I have used ebay global shipping - excellent
Thanks everyone. I didn't know about this. I haven't bought the postage yet. Could I still go through eBay's global shipping program?
mackenzie05/11/2019 18:38

Thanks everyone. I didn't know about this. I haven't bought the postage …Thanks everyone. I didn't know about this. I haven't bought the postage yet. Could I still go through eBay's global shipping program?

I may be very wrong but I’ve used it a few times.
I thought if your listing allowed for overseas buyers to bid, then you could automatically use the GSP. On the delivery address, does it state the full Belgium address of the buyer or does it show a Global Shipping Address?. If it’s the former, give eBay a quick ring and see if you can use the GSP service to ship it. If you can, they should send you a new delivery address and you can then send it there for the UK internal postage charge.
Toptrumpet05/11/2019 18:59

I may be very wrong but I’ve used it a few times. I thought if your l …I may be very wrong but I’ve used it a few times. I thought if your listing allowed for overseas buyers to bid, then you could automatically use the GSP. On the delivery address, does it state the full Belgium address of the buyer or does it show a Global Shipping Address?. If it’s the former, give eBay a quick ring and see if you can use the GSP service to ship it. If you can, they should send you a new delivery address and you can then send it there for the UK internal postage charge.

The buyer hasn't paid for it yet. I only offered uk postage and when they bought it eBay wouldn't let them complete the transaction. I think I might ask if I can cancel the transaction and relist it using eBay's global shipping program. Hopefully the buyer won't mind.
mackenzie05/11/2019 19:13

The buyer hasn't paid for it yet. I only offered uk postage and when they …The buyer hasn't paid for it yet. I only offered uk postage and when they bought it eBay wouldn't let them complete the transaction. I think I might ask if I can cancel the transaction and relist it using eBay's global shipping program. Hopefully the buyer won't mind.

Give me a minute or 2, I’ve a few live eBay listings which allows overseas buyers to bid and see if I can screenshot anything to work this out for you.
OK, when I raised the listing, under Delivery Details, can you see on my photo I’ve ticked the International Postage Box? By ticking that box it will automatically enlist you to send it via ebay’s Global Shipping Program. The postage label will print out showing the EBay listing number and GSP UK warehouse address. All you need to ensure is that the postage listedwill cover the cost of sending it to the GSP warehouse. On your listing, did you tick the box? See if you can revise/edit or look at your listing.
38911152-UF3GD.jpg
Thank you so much for your help toptrumpet. I didn't select that when I listed it. I'll see if the buyer will agree to me relisting it and this time I'll definitely make sure that option is selected.
mackenzie05/11/2019 19:34

Thank you so much for your help toptrumpet. I didn't select that when I …Thank you so much for your help toptrumpet. I didn't select that when I listed it. I'll see if the buyer will agree to me relisting it and this time I'll definitely make sure that option is selected.

Before you do that, perhaps offer to relist it with their winning bid as a Buy It Now option with the same postage cost as originally listed. Just say that you’ll put the listing live at say 11am GMT and that way no one else will jump in and buy it.
Toptrumpet05/11/2019 19:46

Before you do that, perhaps offer to relist it with their winning bid as a …Before you do that, perhaps offer to relist it with their winning bid as a Buy It Now option with the same postage cost as originally listed. Just say that you’ll put the listing live at say 11am GMT and that way no one else will jump in and buy it.

I'm not getting the same view as you. I can select the global programme but it isn't letting me edit anything like postage costs or does that get calculated automatically.

This is how mine looks.
38911582-8M0Aw.jpg
Edited by: "mackenzie" 5th Nov
Don't worry I figured it out. I had it on quick listing. I changed it to business and I noticed more options.
Thank you again for your help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants