HELP! Sold games to a company and haven't been paid.

Found 23rd Jun
Hi Guys,

I sold some games to an online company and I have not been paid. I'm owed a pritty sizeable some from them. (please not this was a long time ago before a wave of negative reviews about non payment came flooding in).

I had used them quite a few times with no problems.

I've been following the advice of citizens advice and I've sent Emails/ letters but nothing.

I then took them to court online (again advised) and won. But now citizens advice are saying because I took them to court they cannot help me....?

Anyway, they are still accepting trade ins etc online but their business address is empty so I'm assuming mail is being forwarded. The only other linked address is the directors home address which is on company's house. Is it reasonable for me to send bailiffs there?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskAdidas Shoes
18 Comments
Go to a real solicitor to help you out...
If you have done all the work to win the case then yes cause if you have been waiting so long with no reply then it sounds like there are never going to just give you the money now.

What company is it btw?
Can I ask roughly how much do they owe you.
longbowassassin9 m ago

More than I care to admit on here to be honest :') it was collectors editions etc so it added up...
DeusVentus12 m ago

If you have done all the work to win the case then yes cause if you have …If you have done all the work to win the case then yes cause if you have been waiting so long with no reply then it sounds like there are never going to just give you the money now.What company is it btw?

Thanks, it's taken ages and there are loads of people in the same boat. There is even a Facebook page about it :') would rather not say the name (not sure whether it would affect any claims etc, but it's a Game Xchange company with a 1* trustpilot rating now)

Merry00017 m ago

Go to a real solicitor to help you out...

Thanks
Edited by: "Daniel.Watkins" 23rd Jun
Saying the name will help anyone else stop trading in with them and you never know, may be more people on here in the same boat
moneysavingexpert.com/rec…rt/

I won in court but I still haven't got the money I'm owed, what do I do?After you’ve been to court and won you may still have to ‘enforce a judgement’ to get the money you’re owed. You’ll need to go back to the same court and it will cost you money.

Ordering someone to attend court costs £50, and the other steps cost a whopping £100 each, so it’s worth working out what the person or business can afford to pay.

If the money is owed by an individual you can ask the court to order a debtor to attend to provide evidence of their income or spending. If it’s a business you can ask for an officer from the company to attend court to give details of the account. You can then decide what you need to do to get your money. You have four options:

Send bailiffs to collect payment

You can ask the court to use bailiffs to collect the money, by either filling in a warrant of execution form or using Money Claim Online. The bailiff will ask for payment within seven days and if the debt isn’t paid, they’ll visit the person’s home or business, to see if anything could be sold to pay the debt.
Get money deducted from wages

You can ask the court to send an order to the person’s employer, to take money from wages to pay the debt. To do this you’ll need to fill in an attachment of earnings order.
Freeze assets or money in an account

The court can freeze money in the person’s bank or building society account (or in a business account). To do this you’ll need to fill in a third party debt order. The court will decide if money from the account can be used to pay the debt.
Charge the person’s land or property

You can ask the court to charge the person’s or company’s land or property. To do this you’ll need to fill in a charging order. If the land or property is sold, they must pay this charge before they get their money.
Thinking of making a small claim? Share your experiences/complaints in the Small claims court forum discussion.
DeusVentus11 m ago

Saying the name will help anyone else stop trading in with them and you …Saying the name will help anyone else stop trading in with them and you never know, may be more people on here in the same boat

Looking at it he meant GameXchange they have a 1star rating and everyone on Trustpilot is complaining of the same thing uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk
Daniel.Watkins17 m ago

More than I care to admit on here to be honest :') it was collectors …More than I care to admit on here to be honest :') it was collectors editions etc so it added up...Thanks, it's taken ages and there are loads of people in the same boat. There is even a Facebook page about it :') would rather not say the name (not sure whether it would affect any claims etc, but it's a Game Xchange company with a 1* trustpilot rating now)Thanks

The reason I ask is all the hassle and further court costs might outweigh the end result. Good luck BTW buddy.
HUKDEALER12346 h, 25 m ago

Looking at it he meant GameXchange they have a 1star rating and everyone …Looking at it he meant GameXchange they have a 1star rating and everyone on Trustpilot is complaining of the same thing https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gamexchange.co.uk

Reading those reviews and you won’t have a chance of recovering your money.
longbowassassin6 h, 47 m ago

Yes; that was an approximation of a question.
miikeyblue12 h, 12 m ago

Is it these …Is it these guys...?https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07592267/filing-historyLatest entry in the filing history doesn't look good, if it is.

I it's a voluntary winding up, you need to contact the relevant authorities (can't remember who) and object and put your debt on record. That said you'll be an unsecured creditor so it's likely that your humped unfortunately, I wouldn't expect any monies.
ibblackberry14 m ago

I it's a voluntary winding up, you need to contact the relevant …I it's a voluntary winding up, you need to contact the relevant authorities (can't remember who) and object and put your debt on record. That said you'll be an unsecured creditor so it's likely that your humped unfortunately, I wouldn't expect any monies.

If you read the report, unsecured creditors are not getting any return. If this is the company you are dealing with, you can just forget your debt, it won't be recovered. They owed £125k to people like u unfortunately.
ibblackberry119 m ago

If you read the report, unsecured creditors are not getting any return. …If you read the report, unsecured creditors are not getting any return. If this is the company you are dealing with, you can just forget your debt, it won't be recovered. They owed £125k to people like u unfortunately.

Yep, any money they had has gone to secured creditors.

Just forget it and move on OP. I know it's annoying but the sooner you give up the sooner your annoyance levels will drop.
Assuming we are all talking about the correct company, which is likely.
If your very lucky you may see a few pence in the pound.

As Deeky advised its probably best to move on, but if the rage and injustice continues you could always go the Romanian Hacker for hire route to get your money back or screw up the scammers life.
I have been reading the reviews and strikes me is, what are the doing with all these games and PS4/x-boxs they are taking in

they must be selling them on a different platform I would guess eBay
Cheres guys, thanks for all your replies. The company posted by HUKDEALER is the correct company, but the one referred to after isnt, this is their companys house:

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/com…595

The address matches the one given on their website so im sure its that one.

Thanks again (Y)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants