Help sorting an Xbox One to Monitor Issue

Found 27th JanEdited by:"bobac"
Basically I want to add external speakers to my xbox set up as my monitor does not have any built in. The monitor I have is this:

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

Would this do the job?:

amazon.co.uk/gp/…hza

The monitor only has HDMI and a RGB plug which I was told would still work with that. Any help with setting up sound to a Xbox One S to Monitor Connection would help
Community Updates
AskGaming
18 Comments
How do you hook your xbox up to the monitor via HDMI?
Original Poster
emodan1 m ago

How do you hook your xbox up to the monitor via HDMI?

Theres an hdmi port on both console and monitor;

Just noticed it wasnt mentioned in the thing, sorry
Edited by: "bobac" 27th Jan
amazon.co.uk/Dig…5mm

Something like that would work as the Xbox one s has SPDIF output.
Edited by: "emodan" 27th Jan
Original Poster
emodan1 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Toslink-Converter-Adapter-Optical-Black/dp/B00KNNSKV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517064116&sr=8-1&keywords=spdif+to+3.5mmSomething like that would work

Can you tell me more about how this would work? Bit of a noob (does this go on to the xbox itself?) Also would i need anything else
If you look at the back of your xbox one s you should see a port labelled S/pdif. This is like a fancy digital version of a headphone port. You usually use it to send the music through to say a surround sound system. The box I linked just allows you to plug speakers or headphones into it to play the sound. Think you need to enable SPDIF in the settings of the xbox
Original Poster
emodan2 m ago

If you look at the back of your xbox one s you should see a port labelled …If you look at the back of your xbox one s you should see a port labelled S/pdif. This is like a fancy digital version of a headphone port. You usually use it to send the music through to say a surround sound system. The box I linked just allows you to plug speakers or headphones into it to play the sound. Think you need to enable SPDIF in the settings of the xbox

So basically if I just order the box you linked all id need to do is plug it in the xbox port (do i need an extra cable for that?) and just add a pair of speakers? Presume would need to or to get a switch to combine a L and R to a 3.5 mm
bobac58 s ago

So basically if I just order the box you linked all id need to do is plug …So basically if I just order the box you linked all id need to do is plug it in the xbox port (do i need an extra cable for that?) and just add a pair of speakers? Presume would need to or to get a switch to combine a L and R to a 3.5 mm

I think that DAC comes with all the cables and has a 3.5mm jack built in. If not plenty of others do
Original Poster
emodan1 m ago

I think that DAC comes with all the cables and has a 3.5mm jack built in. …I think that DAC comes with all the cables and has a 3.5mm jack built in. If not plenty of others do

Doesnt seem like it has a 3.5 mm. Would it be too much for me to ask for a link of an optimal one off amazon? Not really sure what to look for and you seem a lot more knowledgable
bobac2 m ago

Doesnt seem like it has a 3.5 mm. Would it be too much for me to ask for a …Doesnt seem like it has a 3.5 mm. Would it be too much for me to ask for a link of an optimal one off amazon? Not really sure what to look for and you seem a lot more knowledgable

Not sure I know much tbh I just looked at buying one before as the monitor I use for my xbox one s has dreadful speakers. Luckily mine had a headphone port so used that. Any DAC will do so long as it has optical imput and has the outputs you require
Original Poster
emodan4 m ago

Not sure I know much tbh I just looked at buying one before as the monitor …Not sure I know much tbh I just looked at buying one before as the monitor I use for my xbox one s has dreadful speakers. Luckily mine had a headphone port so used that. Any DAC will do so long as it has optical imput and has the outputs you require

You can connect a speaker to a 3.5mm headphone jack correct?
If the speaker has a 35mm
bobac1 m ago

You can connect a speaker to a 3.5mm headphone jack correct?

Yeah most speakers do. At least most PC ones seem to at least
Original Poster
emodan1 m ago

If the speaker has a 35mm Yeah most speakers do. At least most PC ones …If the speaker has a 35mm Yeah most speakers do. At least most PC ones seem to at least

Cheers mate. Think will give this a go. As you said you where after speakers as well - any good once you stumbled on? As i still out looking for one of those as well (Echo dot is something i just though about as well)
bobac2 m ago

Cheers mate. Think will give this a go. As you said you where after …Cheers mate. Think will give this a go. As you said you where after speakers as well - any good once you stumbled on? As i still out looking for one of those as well (Echo dot is something i just though about as well)

I ended up using my existing PC speakers which are just some logitech ones with a small sub woofer. Seems to do the trick
Original Poster
emodan1 m ago

I ended up using my existing PC speakers which are just some logitech ones …I ended up using my existing PC speakers which are just some logitech ones with a small sub woofer. Seems to do the trick

Ah alright - thanks for all the help
There's a variety of ways to do this, although the one you linked originally wouldn't work as that screen doesn't appear to have any speakers.

Do you have any particular set or type of speakers in mind? As the Xbox One S has a optical S/PDIF output the simplest option would be to get a set of speakers with the same input.
Original Poster
EndlessWaves4 m ago

There's a variety of ways to do this, although the one you linked …There's a variety of ways to do this, although the one you linked originally wouldn't work as that screen doesn't appear to have any speakers.Do you have any particular set or type of speakers in mind? As the Xbox One S has a optical S/PDIF output the simplest option would be to get a set of speakers with the same input.

I actually just ordered the box recommended by the gent above in the comments - would that work? And Im unsure of what speakers yet as I though of resolving the connection issue before actually picking up the speakers. An amazon echo tower 1 gen actually appeared for 40 quid which i might buy if that works?
bobac6 h, 52 m ago

I actually just ordered the box recommended by the gent above in the …I actually just ordered the box recommended by the gent above in the comments - would that work? And Im unsure of what speakers yet as I though of resolving the connection issue before actually picking up the speakers. An amazon echo tower 1 gen actually appeared for 40 quid which i might buy if that works?

Has your monitor got a 3.5 mm Jack? Just plug your soundsytem into that works for me
I just use the 3.5mm jack on my pad to my speakers/headset
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants