Groups

Help space bar on laptop-arrrggghhh

Hi can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to get the space bar back on the laptop as it has fell off.
    It is still under warranty, do you know if it will be covered?????

12 Comments

should still be covered.

Banned

You should be able to re-attatch it..or maybe that is just with PC's..used to do it all the time at school

are you sure you cant just click it back on?

Original Poster

I have tried to click it back on but there are two metal wires down the left side, two bits of plastic on the left that have to be slotted in and two to the right then the two bits towards the front should click in. That is 6 notches to get in before the last 2 click in.
    I have tried but when you get 2 in the others have fell out

howareeyouputtingspacesin?

Original Poster

it is taking me longer cos i have to press the little black rubber bit in the middle
    and it is driving me mad

Have a go at fixing it yourself but if it's still under warrenty, deffo' try & get it repaired or replaced f.o.c

I've just got a brand new monitor of Dell :-D

super glue it to the black bits.? :? how did you manage to wreck your spacebar on your lappy; must have got quite angry :whistling:

miffy121;6614922

it is taking me longer cos i have to press the little black rubber bit in … it is taking me longer cos i have to press the little black rubber bit in the middleand it is driving me mad

LOL I took our spacebar off about 2 years ago when i wanted to clean the bits under the lappy keyboard. Wish i hadn´t done it....
    Never got it back on properly as the system stinks...with the metal bar, clicky bits etc etc..not like a pc keyboard (didn´t know it was different).
    Been completely off now for like 1.5 years.
    Learned to work with the black rubber bit, no slower than typing with a spacebar :whistling:
    I still wanna buy a replacement keyboard, am just a little worried about taking the laptop
    apart to do it.
    I guess we´ll get a new laptop before that happens hehe

Original Poster

it definately doesnt seem to clip back on and i darent force it incase i do break the plastic.
    And me get angry, never:oops:

I will start with pcworld on Tues when i go that way and see what they say. I will lay it on thick that i hardly use it and cant understand why it would have fallen off

miffy121;6615057

it definately doesnt seem to clip back on and i darent force it incase i … it definately doesnt seem to clip back on and i darent force it incase i do break the plastic. And me get angry, never:oops:I will start with pcworld on Tues when i go that way and see what they say. I will lay it on thick that i hardly use it and cant understand why it would have fallen off

I never heard that they just fall off. It takes quite a bit to get it off.
    And I know what you mean about tryin to put it back on,
    it´s all very tiny and looks very breakable.

Original Poster

Honestly i didnt mess with it.I noticed that when i was typing that the space bar was making a different noise and i looked down and it was displaced so i slid it back into position and it went worse and the came off.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2339
      2. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2438
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1314
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk44

See more discussions