Groups

HELP - strange files appeared in external hard drive

As the picture shows below, these folders have just appeared in my external hard drive and i can't delete them

Any ideas as to what they are>

10 Comments

Original Poster

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3294/2825244072_0bcd41f271_o.jpg

It's got a bit screwed, copy everything you need off it and reformat.

file corruption. if you can format it then do so. failing that scandisk might free it up so you can delete them

hey, u use forumw too, whats your user?

Original Poster

strike;2885415

hey, u use forumw too, whats your user?

great site, only just discovered it :thumbsup:

i'm modey on there, you?

strike-elite, check out the funn stuff, to be honest i dont post just leech :).

Original Poster

strike;2885497

strike-elite, check out the funn stuff, to be honest i dont post just … strike-elite, check out the funn stuff, to be honest i dont post just leech :).

i'll have a look, haven't posted much myself but i've downloaded a hell of a lot...no more torrents for me :-D

reformated the drive and thats done it, cheers guys

2 options
    1; it MAY be it's just corrupt as the computer done something while it was reading the drive
    unplug the external hard drive and then plug in again, wait a few moments then check its ok or not

If it's not then it's no. 2;
    Looks like it's been hit with a virus
    first thing I'd do is run your viruscan on a full scan, but make sure it's up to date
    then using explorer/my computer etc right click on the external drive and choose Format
    untick quick format
    and that should get rid of anything on there for you.

I'd recommend Unlocker (Free tool).
    It will allow you to delete almost any file by 'unlocking' the process that is stopping you from deleting it.

I've used it for years, with a 99.99% success rate :thumbsup:

Original Poster

i've reformatted in now, but thanks for the replys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow922
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876397
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251373
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2543

See more discussions