HELP This knitting pattern is driving me crazy!

5 replies
Found 18th Aug 2010
OK Have been knitting this pattern for my future grandchild, seemed like a great idea when I saw it! Finshed one section now onto the "Divide for raglan armholes" I have 117 stitches on my kneedle

k30 cast off the next 2 sts (I've done this), knit until there are 53 sts on right hand needle after casting off, cast off the next 2 sts, knit to end, Work on these 30 sts for left front.

What I dont get is, if after knitting a total of 53 sts there is way more than 30sts left over 60 (+2 that I still have to cast off, 62)

Can some one please help me. Much appreciated
JC

5 Comments

Original Poster

Well "the point"is that I wished to make one.

Been a long time since i've knitted. How I read it is that after counting 53 stitches you cast off 2 then knit to end. The first 30 stitches you started on are the ones that are to be used for the left front. Then I presume further on in the pattern you work on the other stitches that you have left on a holding kneedle. Hope this makes sense!

What you should have on your needle is 30 stitches, then the 2 cast off, then 53 then the next 2 cast off and then the final 30 - that makes up the total of 117.

You knit the last 30 for the left front.

Original Poster

Many Thanks Watervole & Chesso.

I'm usually quite a good knitter but this pattern is driving me up the wall. oO
I can't wait for it be be over!

No problem, good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11