Expired

HELP: Tips, tricks on getting out of an EE contract early??

Found 30th Apr 2014
As topic really, I'm so fed up of the poor customer service, 45minutes to an hour calls each time you need to fix something they have buggered up, and to top it off, since signing a new contract in august last year, my signal is almost non existant!

Same sim card, same phone, ive tried other networks in it and theyre fine and work as they should, and before my last renewal, EE was brilliant, never had a reason to phone so didnt experience the shocking service, but now my bills are always wrong, ive been getting charged extortionate amounts for a few kb of data over my 3GB "fair usage" and the never any 3G signal and garbled calls that I get due to low signal all together.. It's just too much.

I've only got till august but appart from just getting my pac, paying off the 12£ per month left for the privilege to move I thought i'd check if anyone knew a way out of this, any tips, tricks that I could phone (and wait for about an hour) to try?
Community Updates
19 Comments
you cant, iv had **** service with voda for months. no way of getting out of it its shoddy
Havince

you cant, iv had **** service with voda for months. no way of getting out … you cant, iv had **** service with voda for months. no way of getting out of it its shoddy

ahh, I wonder if they will let me reduce the contract, probably an hour + on the phone to find out no.
DudeyGeeza

ahh, I wonder if they will let me reduce the contract, probably an hour + … ahh, I wonder if they will let me reduce the contract, probably an hour + on the phone to find out no.

depends what phone you got. if you got the newest phone at the time chances are your stuck on the £40 contract or whatever it is
Is there not something you could say about you're not getting the service you're paying for? I'm sure there's some contract law based on this, not entirely sure though as it's not my area of law.
Havince

depends what phone you got. if you got the newest phone at the time … depends what phone you got. if you got the newest phone at the time chances are your stuck on the £40 contract or whatever it is

It's just a sim only deal, 900 mins, ultd txts, 3GB data, 12£pm

rikkif1990

Is there not something you could say about you're not getting the service … Is there not something you could say about you're not getting the service you're paying for? I'm sure there's some contract law based on this, not entirely sure though as it's not my area of law.

Possibly, i've been banging my head against the wall every time i get a phone call, seems silly, its not the phone, tried my kids sims for a day and theyre fine, stick the EE one back in and its shocking, walk out side and i still get garbled calls. Thing is, I never used to, in-fact, i was first to big up EE on the service i was getting a couple of years ago, so the service in this area has changed over the years for some reason.

on top of that, the website never works correctly, bills will not load, the EE app is just as bad..

Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 30th Apr 2014
rikkif1990

Is there not something you could say about you're not getting the service … Is there not something you could say about you're not getting the service you're paying for? I'm sure there's some contract law based on this, not entirely sure though as it's not my area of law.

I tried that but unless you have next to 0 signal for like 20 days straight you cant get out of the contract. i did get a free month tho when i complained as we had on and off issues for like 3 weeks
I got out of a tmobile contract early due to calls cutting out and poor reception.
They can see calls which disconnected due to signal issues (ie not terminated the usual way) and then you use that argument to state that they aren't providing the service you're paying for.
I had lots of emails back and forth but got there in the end.
Havince

I tried that but unless you have next to 0 signal for like 20 days … I tried that but unless you have next to 0 signal for like 20 days straight you cant get out of the contract. i did get a free month tho when i complained as we had on and off issues for like 3 weeks

How often do calls cut out due to signal issues?
They can see on their systems when it happens so if it's something that happens regularly it will be clear to customer services that EE aren't providing you with the service you're paying them for.
Or as it's only 3 months, I'd be tempted to just pay 3x £12 (but you should get the vat deducted as you're cancelling early and not using the service) termination charge and move on.
It's a pain but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle for £36...unless it's the principle in which case you could suffer for 3 months with the poor reception and service whilst arguing your case.
Maybe cancel, pay the £30 and then continue to complain for a refund.
I never understood why people take out long term mobile contracts with a provider who they haven't first checked actually offer good coverage in their area with first. Most providers have coverage checkers, and you could also order a free Pay as you go SIM and testing whether you get good coverage first before signing up to a 24 month contract.
GoatzRus

I never understood why people take out long term mobile contracts with a … I never understood why people take out long term mobile contracts with a provider who they haven't first checked actually offer good coverage in their area with first. Most providers have coverage checkers, and you could also order a free Pay as you go SIM and testing whether you get good coverage first before signing up to a 24 month contract.

problem with some is its fine the first 6 month.

voda, EE and O2 have gone down the pan once doing 4G its made services a nightmare
interesting, it says this about my plan:

You get 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 3GB internet on this 12 month plan. Your minutes and texts are from the UK to UK mobile networks, 08 numbers and numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03 (excluding Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man).

I dont call 08... numbers whether 0800 or 0845 ones as I think i'll get charged. but this says they should be included in my plan by the wording right? (ill make a call, get charged for it and use it as a way out ?)

Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 30th Apr 2014
nah they will just work around the terms and conditions

your stuck until August, like me

lol
I still can't log in to view my bills which I'll need to be able to do to print out my bills to claim cashback.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 30th Apr 2014
Havince

nah they will just work around the terms and conditionsyour stuck until … nah they will just work around the terms and conditionsyour stuck until August, like melol

yep, wouldnt surprise me
dontasciime

I still can't log in to view my bills which I'll need to be able to do … I still can't log in to view my bills which I'll need to be able to do to print out my bills to claim cashback.

Yes, it shows it's trying to load the bill(s), but nothing ever shows up
Havince

problem with some is its fine the first 6 month.voda, EE and O2 have gone … problem with some is its fine the first 6 month.voda, EE and O2 have gone down the pan once doing 4G its made services a nightmare

Didn't realise that, I stay away from the likes of Vodafone and O2 anyway, their service has always been shocking where I live even on their coverage checker I get nothing. They're always the most expensive too, 3 is the only reliable service I've found.
DudeyGeeza

interesting, it says this about my plan:You get 1000 minutes, unlimited … interesting, it says this about my plan:You get 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 3GB internet on this 12 month plan. Your minutes and texts are from the UK to UK mobile networks, 08 numbers and numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03 (excluding Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man). I dont call 08... numbers whether 0800 or 0845 ones as I think i'll get charged. but this says they should be included in my plan by the wording right? (ill make a call, get charged for it and use it as a way out ?)

I have free 08 numbers with my contract and they are free so you will not get charged.
Make out you are next of kin, and call them to say you have passed away.
Explain and ask them to send a final bill to cover the contract.
They will write it off and send you a nice letter.

They will only ask for a copy of the death certificate if they suspect, but if you, as next of kin, offer to pay the remaining contract etc.. they accept you are genuine and it will be sorted.

A member of EE customer service staff will be along shortly to confirm this is standard procedure.
Havince

nah they will just work around the terms and conditionsyour stuck until … nah they will just work around the terms and conditionsyour stuck until August, like melol

dontasciime

I still can't log in to view my bills which I'll need to be able to do … I still can't log in to view my bills which I'll need to be able to do to print out my bills to claim cashback.

I can't even log in asks for username and pass once entered asks for activation code and the box to input it is borked even if I knew the code but you also can't click on forgotten it etc as nothing is clickable in ie11/ chrome/Firefox.

Tried on my phone and that let me get a new code but once entered comes back with MTM login error . An error has occurred during the login process. An error has occurred that prevented your account from being created.

Such a crap company now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants