Found 12th Nov 2008
Hi there:)

I am wanting to get my son a cheapish computer for Christmas. I remember ages ago seeing a link to Dell refurb ones but it wasn't through the Dell website.
I have looked on Dell, Currys, Pc World. Ebay etc but I am have trouble finding one with XP installed and not Vista, ( a lot of his games are not compatible with Vista).

Anyone know the site I am thinking off or recommend a different one?

1. Ask
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. PC
7 Comments

Where abouts are you based? if your near to me I can install a copy of XP on a vista machine if you want. Most pc's come with vista now and you often have to pay extra to get XP on them, stupid if u ask me

Try [url]www.bigpockets.co.uk[/url]

supermod

Moved to Deal Requests :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dean3988;3443519

Where abouts are you based? if your near to me I can install a copy of XP … Where abouts are you based? if your near to me I can install a copy of XP on a vista machine if you want. Most pc's come with vista now and you often have to pay extra to get XP on them, stupid if u ask me

Miles from you I am afraid, live near Cambridge but hanks anyway:)

kazmcj;3443580

Miles from you I am afraid, live near Cambridge but hanks anyway:)

your helcome but just look around online, there are some PC's out there that have XP but some might not be powerful enough for gaming

how much are you looking to spend?

Original Poster

This is gonna sound really tight but I am not looking to spend more than about £200 but cheaper if possible.

As I said it's my son, he has ASD and is 8. He is obsessed with the computer and is forever on mine playing his games. (old kids games designed for windows 98 originally but some of them won't work on my Vista) I don't want him messing my system up, so thought I would get him a cheapish one for Christmas.

Thought it would be easy. Looked on Ebay first but there are very few XP ones that come with a back up disc. I really need one in case he crashes it!.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66710
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions