Groups
    EXPIRED

Help to JailBreak Ipod touch 2g with latest Firmware

I have a ipod touch 2g i think but with 4.2.1 firmware tried to jailbreak it with greenpoisin but after doing that i can't get the cydia working on it. When i click open it just closes itself.

Already tried Re-jailbreaking it

thanks in advance

9 Comments

Original Poster

thanks

Original Poster

SteJosh

http://jailbreakqa.com/

been looking through the link you sent, but no joy
    anything or anywhere could be recommended?

I would suggest using redsnow to jailbreak. ive never used greenpoison. The link i gave u was just the link out of the greenpoison text file.
    Edited by: "SteJosh" 26th Feb 2011

Try restore and do it again with greenpoison, I've done a few with it no problem.

Original Poster

SteJosh

I would suggest using redsnow to jailbreak. ive never used greenpoison. … I would suggest using redsnow to jailbreak. ive never used greenpoison. The link i gave u was just the link out of the greenpoison text file.

yes i ll be trying redsnow then cos i have tried jailbreaking like few times and at some places it says deleting files from the SSH and Var which i dont know where they are on the itouch itself as i m not the technical at all ....

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Try restore and do it again with greenpoison, I've done a few with it no … Try restore and do it again with greenpoison, I've done a few with it no problem.

i tried to restore to the original firmware which was 3.1.1 but it didnt let me after the upgrade to 4.2.1

Fazy

i tried to restore to the original firmware which was 3.1.1 but it didnt … i tried to restore to the original firmware which was 3.1.1 but it didnt let me after the upgrade to 4.2.1

Yeah duh, restore to 4.2.1 and then re-jailbreak.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Yeah duh, restore to 4.2.1 and then re-jailbreak.

no worries...its was nothing to do with the jailbreaking but the loader itself its kinda half way fixed now ....
    Fazy

yes i ll be trying redsnow then cos i have tried jailbreaking like few … yes i ll be trying redsnow then cos i have tried jailbreaking like few times and at some places it says deleting files from the SSH and Var which i dont know where they are on the itouch itself as i m not the technical at all ....

Fazy

i tried to restore to the original firmware which was 3.1.1 but it didnt … i tried to restore to the original firmware which was 3.1.1 but it didnt let me after the upgrade to 4.2.1

no worries...its was nothing to do with the jailbreaking but the loader itself its kinda half way fixed now ....

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.66
    2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?66
    3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240

See more discussions