Help!! Toddler is able to get out of car seat by pushing release button

Posted 20th Oct
3312394.jpgguys we know how smart kids can be but my 2 year old is able to push down on this red button and get out of the car seat. is there anything i can buy which can stop this from happening like an extra lock. thanks guys
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
justanothercid20/10/2019 21:42

You have to explain how dangerous it is. All kids manage this at different …You have to explain how dangerous it is. All kids manage this at different stages. This is more about being adamant than buying a product..

38710483-7S6MH.jpg
25 Comments
Boxing gloves?
Funny enough i found this online regarding the same manufacture dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
You have to explain how dangerous it is. All kids manage this at different stages.

This is more about being adamant than buying a product..
lovelyplumbus20/10/2019 21:32

Boxing gloves?

Just giving the kid too much melatonin will have the same effect (without the bruising).

You have to explain how dangerous it is. All kids manage this at different …You have to explain how dangerous it is. All kids manage this at different stages. This is more about being adamant than buying a product..

38710483-7S6MH.jpg
Sc4mp020/10/2019 21:44

We have the same seat and our toddler does the same, for a second I …We have the same seat and our toddler does the same, for a second I thought it might be my wife posting this, Already looked in to this as per link amazon.co.uk/dp/B0796RJBKD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FBmRDbKPEA6TC

Funny enough i was looking at the same thing. Its just so dangerous. First time it happened to me when i was to the airport on the motorway. I really think they should of made the button harder to press
Ours had a button that pushed in rather than pushed down. Harder to release. Mind you, my mini houdini managed to get out of the shoulder straps and escape that way.
adeljay9220/10/2019 21:40

Funny enough i found this online regarding the same manufacture …Funny enough i found this online regarding the same manufacture https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4872230/Toddler-easily-unbuckles-250-car-seat.html

Will avoid this company in future lol my sister's one has a cover around that area, came standard. Maybe you can buy one.
adeljay9220/10/2019 21:48

Funny enough i was looking at the same thing. Its just so dangerous. First …Funny enough i was looking at the same thing. Its just so dangerous. First time it happened to me when i was to the airport on the motorway. I really think they should of made the button harder to press

First time it happened for us was in my wife's car, she panicked completely as he's that fast he managed to undo it and get out of his seat.

Luckily through town she managed to pull aside and stop but he's done it a few times.

As @psychobitchfromhell a push in button instead of push down would be safer although it still surprises me how he can manovre his arms through the straps.
Sc4mp020/10/2019 23:10

First time it happened for us was in my wife's car, she panicked …First time it happened for us was in my wife's car, she panicked completely as he's that fast he managed to undo it and get out of his seat.Luckily through town she managed to pull aside and stop but he's done it a few times.As @psychobitchfromhell a push in button instead of push down would be safer although it still surprises me how he can manovre his arms through the straps.

mine could get out of anything. Absolute nightmare. Mind you, my mum says she found me swinging out of the side of a coach built silver cross by one rein when I was four months old. I could undo the strap and throw myself over the side. She never worked out how I did it. Maybe it's in the genes.
11979308731571612466.jpg
@fanpages He might look like a little Prince Charming but I wouldn't hestitate to Stand And Deliver a stern telling off if he wasn't a little Goody Two Shoes when he goes in his car seat.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 21st Oct

fanpages20/10/2019 21:43

[Image]

38711302-4CmMX.jpg
Haircut_10021/10/2019 00:03

[Image] @fanpages He might look like a little Prince Charming but I …[Image] @fanpages He might look like a little Prince Charming but I wouldn't hestitate to Stand And Deliver a stern telling off if he wasn't a little Goody Two Shoes when he goes in his car seat.

Oh dear... you'll "Kick" yourself for the missed opportunity from the album "Dirk Wears White Socks"; "Cartrouble (Parts 1 & 2)"!
joyf453620/10/2019 22:53

Cable ties & Calpol

I'm sure the kids McCan get out of that.
A D-Lock, that’ll work until they learn how to use an angle grinder or massive bolt cutters.

On a serious note try and get something to go over it like material or something.
We used to use wide Velcro our little ‘uns couldn’t get enough leverage whilst sat in the seat to be able to pull it off the button.

‘er indoors had fastened it somehow to the seatbelt and then whoever got the job of putting the little monkey into the seat just pulled the wide, 2” or so, Velcro back round the button to hide it from exploring fingers.

Job done!

When it gets full of burgers and ice cream throw it away and change it to start from the beginning again.
Kids will be kids.
Our eldest would do this but the youngest never even attempted, despite it being the same seat.
Don’t forget, make it too hard is dangerous too in the event of an accident. Damned if you damned if you don’t.
Are you sure the button isnt defective? That 2 year old must have strong thumbs, my kid knew how to get out from a pretty young age , she had a fascination with car seats but her fingers weren't strong enough to puss the button.
Donkii21/10/2019 12:15

Are you sure the button isnt defective? That 2 year old must have strong …Are you sure the button isnt defective? That 2 year old must have strong thumbs, my kid knew how to get out from a pretty young age , she had a fascination with car seats but her fingers weren't strong enough to puss the button.

Thats what i was thinking but she doesnt use her thumb. She uses her palm n just pushes down with force.
adeljay9221/10/2019 12:34

Thats what i was thinking but she doesnt use her thumb. She uses her palm …Thats what i was thinking but she doesnt use her thumb. She uses her palm n just pushes down with force.

You have to admire it .
Get them an application form for mensa
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants