Groups

Help!!!! TomTom Navigator

Banned
    Hi folks - help needed.

got the above on an SD card and trying to get it installed on my N95 8GB - with difficulty!

anyone help?

Cheers

7 Comments

HI,

What version of TomTom do you have? - TOM TOM version 5 does not work on N95. You need version 6 (The Symbian Version)

Banned

:lol: epic fail lol N95 8GB doesn't have a memory card slot hahaha

you need to put the SD card into a card reader, copy the contents onto the root directory of the so called built in memory when you connect your phone to your PC in data transfer mode

Yep, I had to install TTN 6 via the Nokia Suite and it must be the Symbian version and not the windows version! Are you installing the middleware app so you can use the N95-8GB as a standalone Sat Nav unit? I did this and it works a treat, dont need no separate bluetooth unit at all!

If you have the symbian version then open up your Nokia Suite Installer Package, from there navigate to the .sis install file for symbian version of TTN6 and click install, you will then be prompted to complete the remainder of the installation from the phone.

Its pretty straightforward if you've dealt with symbian installs before but can be confusing if not.

Hope this helps. cheers.

Original Poster Banned

lumoruk;3078212

:lol: epic fail lol N95 8GB doesn't have a memory card slot hahahayou … :lol: epic fail lol N95 8GB doesn't have a memory card slot hahahayou need to put the SD card into a card reader, copy the contents onto the root directory of the so called built in memory when you connect your phone to your PC in data transfer mode

i had gathered that - its on my laptop. seems it may be a windows mobile version not a symbian version :x

Original Poster Banned

StevenA2000_uk;3078322

Yep, I had to install TTN 6 via the Nokia Suite and it must be the … Yep, I had to install TTN 6 via the Nokia Suite and it must be the Symbian version and not the windows version! Are you installing the middleware app so you can use the N95-8GB as a standalone Sat Nav unit? I did this and it works a treat, dont need no separate bluetooth unit at all! If you have the symbian version then open up your Nokia Suite Installer Package, from there navigate to the .sis install file for symbian version of TTN6 and click install, you will then be prompted to complete the remainder of the installation from the phone. Its pretty straightforward if you've dealt with symbian installs before but can be confusing if not.Hope this helps. cheers.

no idea what the middleware app is or where/how to get it.

seems i need to track down a symbian version too - if anyone can point me to the right on :whistling:

on a similar note - i've just got an xda ignito - i have an old tomtom card for uk which was made redundant when i bought my g/f the european maps - can i use this data for my ignito? if so, what the heck do i do?

Yep, you can still use it, just transfer the maps to the new device. If both devices use the same type of card then jobs a good'un just put the card into the new device, if not then transfer the data on to the new card and install the TTN application on the new device and thats it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions