Help! Train Journey...

13 replies
Found 31st May 2009
Just wondering is someone could help me, I want to make a train journey from point A to point B.
Point C is along the route, so could i get off here and leave the station, and come back later on in the day and continue my journey to point B on the same ticket as before?

rep for any help.

thanks.

1. Misc
  2. Train
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Train
12 Comments

think you can only break the journey on the way back

Yes you can, you have paid for the journey from a - b, if you get off inbetween and rejoin thats not a problem, i used to do it all the time

Original Poster

clondikemike;5364139

Yes you can, you have paid for the journey from a - b, if you get off … Yes you can, you have paid for the journey from a - b, if you get off inbetween and rejoin thats not a problem, i used to do it all the time

nice! so going through the ticket barriers wont be a problem then?

I dont think you'll be able to do it, every ticket I've ever had has been marked so that you cant re-use it.

And some ticket barriers swallow the tickets, would double check whilst booking to be honest.

southampton_sain;5364149

nice! so going through the ticket barriers wont be a problem then?

No, and if you have a problem speak to one of the staff, will let you go through, you have paid to travel between two points where you get off inbetween is up to you:thumbsup:

Banned

clondikemike;5364671

No, and if you have a problem speak to one of the staff, will let you go … No, and if you have a problem speak to one of the staff, will let you go through, you have paid to travel between two points where you get off inbetween is up to you:thumbsup:

im not sure this is correct, same as on a bus, you buy the ticket to get you from A to B, doesnt mean you can get on and off at every town inbetween

sassie;5364714

im not sure this is correct, same as on a bus, you buy the ticket to get … im not sure this is correct, same as on a bus, you buy the ticket to get you from A to B, doesnt mean you can get on and off at every town inbetween

as long as the ticket says from A to B any route permitted you will be ok

Banned

boothy;5364739

yes if it says any route on it, didnt think thats what the op was asking though, ooops and i misread it as i thought they had already got tickets - lol

sassie;5364754

yes if it says any route on it, didnt think thats what the op was asking … yes if it says any route on it, didnt think thats what the op was asking though

OP have you already got your ticket?,if so have a look at it as per my post above,if not ring rail enquiries and ask

when i went to prestatyn on the train i got a ticket from where i lived to prestatyn but had to change three times the train went to chester and i had to change but i had to check something out in chester and the station staff didnt mind. maybe act niaeve (sp)

boothy;5364739

mine definately said any route permitted :thumbsup:

Original Poster

yeah my ticket says any route permitted.

thanks for all your help!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…812
    2. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?35
    3. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?22
    4. Electric Bike Advice.11

See more discussions