Groups

Help - Trying to do an application Form

Afternoon all!

I am trying to do a job application form! And I have now come to the dreaded part of where it asks "why do you want the job"

Can anyone help me out on what I should be saying?

I'm basically applying for an internal vacnacy and the job is the next level up to mine! So i dont know what to write!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

7 Comments

you want the job because you want to further your prospects , love working for the company feel you are loyal and trustworthy and would like to further advance your career with them

octobergirl;5058690

you want the job because you want to further your prospects , love … you want the job because you want to further your prospects , love working for the company feel you are loyal and trustworthy and would like to further advance your career with them

+1:thumbsup:

Banned

To the chase... the Money would be good,Dawg

Original Poster

octobergirl;5058690

you want the job because you want to further your prospects , love … you want the job because you want to further your prospects , love working for the company feel you are loyal and trustworthy and would like to further advance your career with them

Thanks Mate

This is what i got so far:

Working for ******* as a data analyst for the last 6 months has allowed me to gain a thorough understanding of the companies data processes.

Also having done a number of analysis reports for divisional heads has given me the necessary experience and understanding required to be a data manager.

My background in MS Access and MS Excel allows me to use the two applications to produce reports which are easy to understand and concise.

Finally given the chance to work as a Data manager will allow me to further my prospects and advance my career within the organisation.

I need to make it more fluent......

Original Poster

anyone............please.................

Abz;5058763

Thanks MateThis is what i got so far:Working for ******* as a data … Thanks MateThis is what i got so far:Working for ******* as a data analyst for the last 6 months has allowed me to gain a thorough understanding of the companies data processes. Also having done a number of analysis reports for divisional heads has given me the necessary experience and understanding required to be a data manager. My background in MS Access and MS Excel allows me to use the two applications to produce reports which are easy to understand and concise.Finally given the chance to work as a Data manager will allow me to further my prospects and advance my career within the organisation.I need to make it more fluent......

those are why you are suitable for the job not why you want it, some valid reasons here
    1. Wish to expand on professional experience ie another set of tasks
    2. Feel that you would like a shot at performing at a higher level, ie extra responsibility
    3. Extra money is always nice

these won't convey dissatisfaction with current role which is risky when applying for internal posts

Original Poster

maddogb;5061044

those are why you are suitable for the job not why you want it, some … those are why you are suitable for the job not why you want it, some valid reasons here1. Wish to expand on professional experience ie another set of tasks2. Feel that you would like a shot at performing at a higher level, ie extra responsibility3. Extra money is always nicethese won't convey dissatisfaction with current role which is risky when applying for internal posts

Thanks Mate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions