Help trying to find a garage

Posted 3rd Mar
3416437-5QA2P.jpgI’m hoping someone’s more proficient with google than I. I’m trying to find some online reviews, a website or even an email address for the garage named in the attached picture.

Long story short, had some work done recently and I’ve had to get it rectified as they basically left the car in a wholly unacceptable way. Brakes, engine, handbrake and two wheels that were bolted on finger tight.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Ring them, or take it back.
I had a wee look for you and also can’t find anything, not even on Facebook. What I did find though is in the area the farm is actually called Whip Ridding Farm so why they have it down as Whitriding Farm I don’t know. All seems a bit strange to me, it’s as if the business doesn’t actually exist, under that name anyway.
Phone number linked to a few different selling sites and eBay. eBay user name s.affie1928-0 you could message through eBay. Postcode is a farm but no business comes up on maps. So Probably not a registered business.. not looked into it props only had 2 minute so just quick google search...
sammy12503/03/2020 09:40

Ring them, or take it back.

I wanted to find out if anyone else had left a review, good or bad about them, but it seems I'm not alone in being able to find anything about this garage online. Thank you to those that have helped search.
Was the car collected before repairs had been completed, or did the company claim the work was complete?
andymagic03/03/2020 10:19

Was the car collected before repairs had been completed, or did the …Was the car collected before repairs had been completed, or did the company claim the work was complete?

Work completed and dropped off to me. Another worrying thing I've just noticed is that the handbrake seems to travel a lot further than it did, feels like the handbrake cable has been stretched, if that's possible?
BadMF03/03/2020 10:21

Work completed and dropped off to me. Another worrying thing I've just …Work completed and dropped off to me. Another worrying thing I've just noticed is that the handbrake seems to travel a lot further than it did, feels like the handbrake cable has been stretched, if that's possible?

That is not encouraging!

It's possible to stretch a handbrake cable, but if the cable good beforehand this is incredibly difficult to do. Best guess is that it hasn't been adjust properly.

As brakes are involved, the only thing to do is get them checked by someone trustworthy, personally I'd get it all checked out to see where you are with the car.
If you’ve tried contacting them and got no where then report to trading standards. As I said before it all seems a bit strange there appears to be no information on them. They may already have had complaints about them and if they’ve done that to your car it’s likely it’s happened to others. They could potentially be putting lives at risk. I hope your car gets sorted. Info from citizens advice.
andymagic03/03/2020 10:28

That is not encouraging!It's possible to stretch a handbrake cable, but if …That is not encouraging!It's possible to stretch a handbrake cable, but if the cable good beforehand this is incredibly difficult to do. Best guess is that it hasn't been adjust properly.As brakes are involved, the only thing to do is get them checked by someone trustworthy, personally I'd get it all checked out to see where you are with the car.

It's a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches higher than it was before the car was handed to them. And it feels floppy (not very descriptive I know) until it gets to the highest point. It definitely did not do that prior.
BadMF03/03/2020 10:39

It's a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches higher than it was before the car was handed …It's a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches higher than it was before the car was handed to them. And it feels floppy (not very descriptive I know) until it gets to the highest point. It definitely did not do that prior.

Might just need adjusting. I'd certainly have them checked out though etc..

What car is it? some cars are easy to adjust.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 3rd Mar
Have you got any local garages you can take too have a look at it I know it's bit ideal, but if it just needs adjusting they might too it for a few quid and you can carry on with you life instead of worrying if they have messed something up and it being the brakes it maybe best get a second opinion on the works they have carried out anyway.
esar03/03/2020 10:53

Try reporting them to these guyshttps://www.themotorombudsman.org/

Won't work since they aren't registered with them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants