Groups

Help trying to reformat a mac hard drive to windows

As above took out a hard drive from my ibook g4, and can't reformat to work with window's any ideas??

6 Comments

Use the ]GParted Live CD/USB. It should be able to read your drive and format it to NTFS

What happens when you try? And how are you trying?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;5108015

What happens when you try? And how are you trying?

Windows see's the drive as normal, when i try to format it start's then fail's to complete.

markrfc;5108055

Windows see's the drive as normal, when i try to format it start's then … Windows see's the drive as normal, when i try to format it start's then fail's to complete.

Are you trying through My Computer/Computer or Disk Management? Does it give any error message when it fails?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;5110126

Are you trying through My Computer/Computer or Disk Management? Does it … Are you trying through My Computer/Computer or Disk Management? Does it give any error message when it fails?

trying again now.

No error messages just say's windows failed to complete the format. through my computer

markrfc;5110227

trying again now.No error messages just say's windows failed to complete … trying again now.No error messages just say's windows failed to complete the format. through my computer

Try right-clicking on my computer and then choosing manage. Once that's opened up then have a look at disk management and see if that shows anything obvious (you may also be able to try to format from there).

If you can't get it to work from windows then I'd second the GParted recommendation.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767352
      2. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1822
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2868
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2446

See more discussions