Expired

HELP! UKMAIL refuse to assume liability for my lost parcel!

Found 10th Apr 2012
i sent an ebay parcel by them. the driver left it behind the green bin and claimed its been delivered..

when i contact their claim department. they told me they have no liability as:

the driver has been told to leave the goods in safe place ( which i didnt). to claim the insurance i had to have choose signature required post

i am furious and i wouldnt have choose them if i knew they gonna just throw the parcel anywhere they want.

anybody can help me? with the similar experience?

36 Comments

WHAT? TWICE! phew

Phone them back and speak to someone else or write to them, it's their responsibility to get the parcel to the recipient safely.

As a seller who accepts paypal you are responsible for getting the item to your buyer. You should have paid for a service that requires a signature. If you didn't and the courier left it behind the bin then the onus is on you to refund the buyer if they did not receive it.

+1 for refunding the buyer straight away although I would push UKMail for a refund.

Would this not apply

https://www.ukmail.com/help_and_support/out_when_we_delivered.aspx

But being Ebay you should always choose a method with a signature due to the amount of scammers about

That's a bit of a shocker. I am a bit flabbergasted by such arrogance.

Surely they failed to take due care as they should have put a card through the letterbox for the recipient to call the depot and not just dumped the item behind a wheely bin.

Original Poster

I would have pay extra for signature required if I knew that their "50pound cover " doesn't apply if you do not choose signature required delivery.

Their 50 pound cover is one of the reason why I choose them. There is no where in their terms n condition which states otherwise.also how safe is the safe place if is easily accessibleand visible to people who walk by.

Should I lodge a police report?

inb4 it was a £1.99 phone case

If you are sending anything of value you should use a service that requires a signature as a buyer can sometimes be dishonest and claim they never received it whether it was left behind a bin or handed directly to them.

Royail mail always leave items in my green bin. then write on one of my random letters ITEM IN GREEN BIN lol

If you're not in, some courier companies will leave a card which you can instruct the driver to leave the parcel in a safe place however you usually also sign that you accept responsibility. Is it possible the buyer did this? In which case UKMail should have a record that the buyer instructed them to leave the parcel in safe place...

Anything heavy or expensive, I use Interparcel economy - its not the cheapest £8.40 but its delivered by UPS.
Edited by: "gari189" 11th Apr 2012

UKMail will refuse your claim anyway, it is just an excuse. We sent 1000 parcels per month, last december, ukmail lost 50 parcels due to fire of the depot, we never managed to claim one penny from them. This year, they continue to lose our parcels, but they just refuse each claim with different excuse. If you can not bear the loss of a parcel, do not use them at all. We now do not claim from them at all as it is just purely wasting your time.

hfan2000

UKMail will refuse your claim anyway, it is just an excuse. We sent 1000 … UKMail will refuse your claim anyway, it is just an excuse. We sent 1000 parcels per month, last december, ukmail lost 50 parcels due to fire of the depot, we never managed to claim one penny from them. This year, they continue to lose our parcels, but they just refuse each claim with different excuse. If you can not bear the loss of a parcel, do not use them at all. We now do not claim from them at all as it is just purely wasting your time.

I wonder if in the 3 years since this thread was made if the op got their money back/parcel found/ is still alive?

Mark2111

I wonder if in the 3 years since this thread was made if the op got their … I wonder if in the 3 years since this thread was made if the op got their money back/parcel found/ is still alive?

I just love old thread resurrections

hfan2000

UKMail will refuse your claim anyway, it is just an excuse. We sent 1000 … UKMail will refuse your claim anyway, it is just an excuse. We sent 1000 parcels per month, last december, ukmail lost 50 parcels due to fire of the depot, we never managed to claim one penny from them. This year, they continue to lose our parcels, but they just refuse each claim with different excuse. If you can not bear the loss of a parcel, do not use them at all. We now do not claim from them at all as it is just purely wasting your time.

Surely it's your fault for continuing to use them after they lost 50 (5%) of your parcels?

Banned

teh arn

Surely it's your fault for continuing to use them after they lost 50% of … Surely it's your fault for continuing to use them after they lost 50% of your parcels?

50, not 50%.

http://cdn.hiphoplead.com/static/2012/05/50-Cent1.jpg

hfan2000

You still use them? If so then I'm afraid you've forfeited any right to complain.

KillFelix

50, not 50%.

My mistake, 5%.

Banned

teh arn

My mistake, 5%.

It'd be 5% if there was a fire once per month but there isn't so I think it's less than that, I'd guess at < 1% of parcels are lost.

But yeah, they should stop using them.

teh arn

Surely it's your fault for continuing to use them after they lost 50 (5%) … Surely it's your fault for continuing to use them after they lost 50 (5%) of your parcels?

its hfan2000s fault personally?
sound like hes a cog in the machine rather than the person actually deciding who to use

KillFelix

It'd be 5% if there was a fire once per month but there isn't so I think … It'd be 5% if there was a fire once per month but there isn't so I think it's less than that, I'd guess at < 1% of parcels are lost.But yeah, they should stop using them.

Didn't think of you as pedantic. (_;)

I would have stopped using them the second they 'lost' 5% of the parcels I sent out for that month; or I would have started paying for more insurance.

brilly

its hfan2000s fault personally? sound like hes a cog in the machine … its hfan2000s fault personally? sound like hes a cog in the machine rather than the person actually deciding who to use

I never thought of that. When he said 'we' I assumed he meant himself.

Sorry brilly

deeky

I never thought of that. When he said 'we' I assumed he meant himself. … I never thought of that. When he said 'we' I assumed he meant himself. Sorry brilly

Hold onto your apologies Deeky; we still don't know who started the fire.

teh arn

We'll probably never know then. Looks like hfan2000 is a one post wonder - never to be seen again.

teh arn

Didn't think of you as pedantic. (_;)I would have stopped using them the … Didn't think of you as pedantic. (_;)I would have stopped using them the second they 'lost' 5% of the parcels I sent out for that month; or I would have started paying for more insurance.

come on felix you pedantic git
50%?
<1%?
whats the difference!?

Banned

brilly

come on felix you pedantic git 50%?

Tree fiddy.

guys, thanks a lot for your replies. Sorry, i did not realize this is old thread.
It it true that we still using them, as the fire is not always there.
Their price is cheaper, although it is hard to claim damaged/lost parcels, it is still worth using.

hfan2000

guys, thanks a lot for your replies. Sorry, i did not realize this is old … guys, thanks a lot for your replies. Sorry, i did not realize this is old thread.It it true that we still using them, as the fire is not always there. Their price is cheaper, although it is hard to claim damaged/lost parcels, it is still worth using.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/dmj2ilqA9FcgE/giphy.gif

Who knows when the fire may strike back! Run now run fast little hairy foot.

"as the fire is not always there"

funny stuff man

checked uk mails webpage no updates on when the fire would be there

teh arn

We know it wasn't Billy Joel, or so he once claimed!

I suppose it could of been The Prodigy.

dataload

"as the fire is not always there"funny stuff man

Very funny

Edited by: "speedy2014" 27th Apr 2015

Hi,

Yes they just lost one of my parcels too. No one has a clue about anything.The driver doesn't know what he did. Any tips, I've now been asked to claim. This is unacceptable. Appalling!

this happened to my mother they put her parcel in the green bin that was out side her home waiting for the bin man to empty and yes it got put in the bin wagen , crazy idea to place it in a bin even if it were garden
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions