help using a oven

Found 8th Feb
hi i am a oversead student and at uni and need to know how to use a oven. if somebody could write like a step by step guide it would be very appreciated plus if i needed to ask a question could you answer it?
thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
ashmac54 m ago

Got to be a wind up

I think it will be gas or electric not clockwork.
Got to be a wind up
23 Comments
Most ovens come with an instruction manual as a rough guide how to cook meals. Some come with fan assistance that allows the entire oven to heat at the same temperature, else each shelf will have a different temperature. Most cooking instructions come with a gas mark or temperature i.e. Gas mark 2 == approx 150c.

inspiredtaste.net/233…on/

It depends on the condition of the oven to how close to spec the oven is. i.e. bad door seals that let out heat will increase cooking time as will a bad thermostat.
Edited by: "kester76" 8th Feb
Got to be a wind up
ashmac4 m ago

Got to be a wind up

That was my first thought too but just on the off chance.......

What are you using gas or electric?
It tells you on the food how long it needs and what temperature. So you just turn the oven on 'oven mode' (as opposed to 'grill mode' or other) then adjust the temperature to what you need, and let it preheat a little. Et voila
33224470-IU3l7.jpg
ashmac54 m ago

Got to be a wind up

I think it will be gas or electric not clockwork.
What is the difference with ovens in the UK than those in your home country?
How does someone get in to uni but not know how to operate an oven?
Stick everything on 180c until cooked. That's it
SJHan4 m ago

Surprisingly common unfortunately in my direct experience. Very few turned up with the ability to cook, clean, wash or iron. Spent the first few weeks teaching my flat mates. Interestingly as well it wasn't relatable to growing up rich/poor as I thought it may have been, a spoilt kid is still spoilt regardless of income.

though this does seem fake given we are five or so months into the academic year, so either money has all gone on takeaways or a wind up.
its a matrix gas oven i have read the manual i have a idea but still dont get it 100%. so before everything i have to pre heat it up to what though. plus i know they have insturctions but i dont get it 100%
i have some Chicago Town Subs Cheese & Tomato pizza so could somebody give me a step by step guide on how to cook it. starting from pre heating the oven to what? and how long to i pre heat it?
do i place them in the middle of the oven?
the Celsius when i place the pizza in and for how long?
Faisal0075 m ago

i have some Chicago Town Subs Cheese & Tomato pizza so could somebody give …i have some Chicago Town Subs Cheese & Tomato pizza so could somebody give me a step by step guide on how to cook it. starting from pre heating the oven to what? and how long to i pre heat it?do i place them in the middle of the oven? the Celsius when i place the pizza in and for how long?

1. Pre heat the oven until it is at the temperature required.
2. Read the instructions on the pizza packaging.

My nephew who came to stay with us wouldn't use the stove. I tried to teach him but he had never done it at home.

Just look at the packaging it will have instructions. You really cant go wrong. Similar one to what you have.

• Oven cook From Frozen Do not use disc to oven cook. Remove all packaging, including cardboard disc. Place the pizza directly onto the top shelf of a pre-heated oven. Check the pizza is hot throughout before serving and that the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Pre-heat your oven: Fan Oven 190°C, Cook for approx: 20-22 minutes. Conventional Oven 190°C/375°F, Cook for approx: 22-25 minutes. Gas Oven - Gas Mark 5, Cook for approx: 20-22 minutes.
Most ovens now come with a light indicator on the controls panel that switches on or off when the oven reaches the temperature set when you switch the oven on. Either put the oven on 10 minutes before you put the food in or (as I do) just put the food straight in when setting the oven temperature and then cook for a little longer than stated on packaging. Keep checking on the progress of the food by opening the oven door slightly (to retain the heat) and from there decide it if needs longer or it’s done.
If you’re really struggling, upload a photo of the oven on here for a more specific/detailed answer.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 8th Feb
Faisal00756 m ago

i have some Chicago Town Subs Cheese & Tomato pizza so could somebody give …i have some Chicago Town Subs Cheese & Tomato pizza so could somebody give me a step by step guide on how to cook it. starting from pre heating the oven to what? and how long to i pre heat it?do i place them in the middle of the oven? the Celsius when i place the pizza in and for how long?

there are cooking instructions on the back of the pizza box.

turn the oven knob to the temperature stated on the box
light the oven (most ovens should light themselves or there will be a button to ignite it)
wait for the light to go out, if there is one on the oven, to let you know when the chosen temperature has been reached

put the pizza in (after removing any packaging)
leave the pizza cooking for the instructed time

if this doesn't work, just go and buy a cooked pizza and forget about cooking one
SJHan3 h, 33 m ago

You’d be surprised, my daughter had to show both her flat mates how the oven worked!!
read000114 m ago

You’d be surprised, my daughter had to show both her flat mates how the o …You’d be surprised, my daughter had to show both her flat mates how the oven worked!!

my husband had to show me the oven worked! i never had to cook my own food. lol
tregs3 h, 27 m ago

1. Pre heat the oven until it is at the temperature required.2. Read the …1. Pre heat the oven until it is at the temperature required.2. Read the instructions on the pizza packaging.[Image]

Im with you. Nobody can not know how to heat up a pizza when they've got the box with instructions in front of them. Somebody's having a laugh
SJHan3 h, 56 m ago

I dropped out of Uni shortly after a lecturer asked how many people in a computer studies course had never used a mouse (this was 20yrs ago mind). I had to get good grades in Computer Science at college (including programming in a hex language I have thankfully totally forgotten, Pascal in yr 1, Turbo C in yr 2) to get on this course.

About 1/3 of people raised their hands, me and a few others were w.t.f.
Best way to handle preheating is to get an oven thermometer - I usually just give it a few minutes, or a couple at maximum if I'm in a hurry, then turn down to the specified setting
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions