Help! Want a MacBook for photoshop and editing videos!

Found 16th Feb
Want a MacBook for photoshop and editing videos! Also program but not sure which one to get!
Or would it be worth upgrading some parts?
Current Mac:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
500GB Sata Disk
Community Updates
12 Comments
You could get an ssd and fit it. Alternatively if your looking for a new top end pro that’ll set you back 2-3k (waste of money in my opinion). If you do go and buy a more recent one then get the actual spec you’ll need as the more recent ones are even harder to upgrade as they seem to glued/fixed to everything now making it much harder to swap drives and stuff.

Have you thought about a high end windows laptop or surfacebook pro?
cmdr_elito6 m ago

You could get an ssd and fit it. Alternatively if your looking for a new …You could get an ssd and fit it. Alternatively if your looking for a new top end pro that’ll set you back 2-3k (waste of money in my opinion). If you do go and buy a more recent one then get the actual spec you’ll need as the more recent ones are even harder to upgrade as they seem to glued/fixed to everything now making it much harder to swap drives and stuff.Have you thought about a high end windows laptop or surfacebook pro?

I’m thinking about upgrading my SSD and maybe my graphics ? And could you tell me more about a surface book pro please I’m a big windows noob
I don’t think you can upgrade the graphics in a MacBook (I only have some limited knowledge of Apple stuff from work). SSD or ram are probably going to be your only options, by the sounds of it you don’t have an SSD in there but have a SATA HDD currently. To be honest 16gb of ram is plenty.
33275548-1BXVy.jpg
That’s the price of a 13inch Mac Pro with 1tb SSD, top processor, 16gb ram, Final Cut Pro and without apple care (+300 for that).
cmdr_elito29 m ago

I don’t think you can upgrade the graphics in a MacBook (I only have some l …I don’t think you can upgrade the graphics in a MacBook (I only have some limited knowledge of Apple stuff from work). SSD or ram are probably going to be your only options, by the sounds of it you don’t have an SSD in there but have a SATA HDD currently. To be honest 16gb of ram is plenty.

Yeah I upgraded the RAM I think a SSD will help but the graphics card is pretty old now so I'm not sure if I should cash out on a new one Thanks for the help though!
cmdr_elito24 m ago

That’s the price of a 13inch Mac Pro with 1tb SSD, top processor, 16gb r …That’s the price of a 13inch Mac Pro with 1tb SSD, top processor, 16gb ram, Final Cut Pro and without apple care (+300 for that).

Lol Christ £3,000 is a hell of a lot I am so confused
In what areas if your current machine too slow?
EndlessWaves43 s ago

In what areas if your current machine too slow?

So photoshop is lagging I can't really render any videos and it lags from time to time on Safari
jimit1452 h, 7 m ago

Lol Christ £3,000 is a hell of a lot I am so confused

yeh well he added on all the options + final cut pro

you can get 13 inch for your needs for like 2k with apple care, then you can probably get yourself a student discount if you ask around
murtgurge2 h, 4 m ago

yeh well he added on all the options + final cut pro you can get 13 inch …yeh well he added on all the options + final cut pro you can get 13 inch for your needs for like 2k with apple care, then you can probably get yourself a student discount if you ask around

Yeah I can get student discount I'm thinking of getting it now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions