Help wanted buying a cheap laptop.

Hi, All help/advise welcome. I'm after a cheap laptop for my son for his homework. He'll be using office and will be browsing the web.

The laptop won't be used for gaming, but a DVD RW would be useful.

I haven't got a clue about laptops. No idea what all this i3, i5 stuff is all about.

I don't mind a refurbished laptop if it means getting a better spec cheaper.

Any views on this?

itzoo.co.uk/col…ome

20 Comments

I've had several refurbs form Tesco Outlet all were brand new. 12 months warranty.
stores.ebay.co.uk/tes…004
Edited by: "ellenw" 13th Jun

That will be fine but seems expensive, especially as you'll need to add Office to the price. Check gumtree or local facebook. Anything from the last 6 years will be fine for office and web browsing. Personally recommend Dell Latitude as they are business grade and built to last. If you're anywhere near Reading, I have a couple of refurbs available

Got me one of these...

uk.pcmag.com/del…430

From ebay used for £99 delivered and very happy with it.

Original Poster

chiefmojo_123

Got me one of … Got me one of these...http://uk.pcmag.com/dell-latitude-e5430/65/review/dell-latitude-e5430From ebay used for £99 delivered and very happy with it.

​Was it a one off or are they selling more?

Original Poster

ellenw

I've had several refurbs form Tesco Outlet all were brand new. 12 months … I've had several refurbs form Tesco Outlet all were brand new. 12 months warranty.http://stores.ebay.co.uk/tescooutlet/laptops-/_i.html?_fsub=1374384014&_sid=983611004

​Thanks. My head is still battered looking through these. If no one recommends a specific laptop, I'll just go for one of these, although I have no idea which one!:D

chiefmojo_123

Got me one of … Got me one of these...http://uk.pcmag.com/dell-latitude-e5430/65/review/dell-latitude-e5430From ebay used for £99 delivered and very happy with it.

​If they have any more at that price I'd definitely recommend... much cheaper than I'd sell it!

Tech Xpress Oldham Tommyfield indoor market sell laptops from as little as £50

Original Poster

How much would you pay for this and is it any good?
Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop 2.40GHz, Core i5, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD, Windows 10 & Office 2K10

Yeah Tesco or Argos ebay shops have cheap laptops......for a schoolboy online office would be perfectly fine and FREE.

I saw a fairly decent one in Asda for £89.99.

It was an Intel Atom processor but good enough for browsing.

Reality

​Was it a one off or are they selling more?

​Just an example, but while i was hunting for a laptop on ebay i saw quite a few refurb i5 laptops for around £120 from the same seller, ill go find the sellers name and report back.

parts-partner on ebay just checked for you and hes got some new stock in, postage was very fast too and my one was exactly as described.

Original Poster

chiefmojo_123

parts-partner on ebay just checked for you and hes got some new stock in, … parts-partner on ebay just checked for you and hes got some new stock in, postage was very fast too and my one was exactly as described.

​Brilliant, I'll have a look now. Thanks.

Original Poster

chiefmojo_123

parts-partner on ebay just checked for you and hes got some new stock in, … parts-partner on ebay just checked for you and hes got some new stock in, postage was very fast too and my one was exactly as described.

​I can't find a seller called part-partner. Would you say thi dell laptop specs I would be a good buy for £120?

Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop 2.40GHz, Core i5, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD, Windows 10 & Office 2K10
Edited by: "Reality" 13th Jun

Reality

​I can't find a seller called part-partner. Would you say thi dell laptop … ​I can't find a seller called part-partner. Would you say thi dell laptop specs I would be a good buy for £120?Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop 2.40GHz, Core i5, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD, Windows 10 & Office 2K10

​Its parts-partner, but yeah thats very similar specs to mine actually & with the extra software sounds a great price.

Reality

​I can't find a seller called part-partner. Would you say thi dell laptop … ​I can't find a seller called part-partner. Would you say thi dell laptop specs I would be a good buy for £120?Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop 2.40GHz, Core i5, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD, Windows 10 & Office 2K10

​Yes, good price. I just sold that exact model only difference was mine had SSD drive (faster) for £140. Very well built laptops and more than enough for your request

Original Poster

Got the laptop I mentioned above for £107, so I'm happy. Thank you everyone for all your help. X)

Reality3 h, 19 m ago

Got the laptop I mentioned above for £107, so I'm happy. Thank you …Got the laptop I mentioned above for £107, so I'm happy. Thank you everyone for all your help. X)

Hi could you please tell me where you got this laptop from sounds ideal for my son too

Reality

Got the laptop I mentioned above for £107, so I'm happy. Thank you … Got the laptop I mentioned above for £107, so I'm happy. Thank you everyone for all your help. X)

​Great price

Original Poster

saji

Hi could you please tell me where you got this laptop from sounds ideal … Hi could you please tell me where you got this laptop from sounds ideal for my son too

​Sorry, I got it on eBay from a private seller, bidding and he only had the one. I was just lucky I guess.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)68
    2. cats and royal canin biscuits69
    3. Wifi extender812
    4. seller asked for IMEI11

See more discussions