Groups

Help wanted, Mac related......

Surprisingly, not a flasher mac but a poxy imac. My brother in law has an external hard drive formatted to HFS and it appears to have lost the partition data and taken all his photos with it. So... Anybody know any drive recovery software (preferably free) that might be able to recover it?

6 Comments

disk warrior all day long,saved my bacon a couple of times.....available free in certain ship/water themed sites

Original Poster

boothy;5625240

disk warrior all day long,saved my bacon a couple of times.....available … disk warrior all day long,saved my bacon a couple of times.....available free in certain ship/water themed sites

Yeah he tried that and it didn't work :-(

Shengis;5625284

Yeah he tried that and it didn't work :-(

no chance then sadly,thats the best thing out for data recovery on mac,tbh

bad times

Original Poster

boothy;5625329

no chance then sadly,thats the best thing out for data recovery on … no chance then sadly,thats the best thing out for data recovery on mac,tbhbad times

Yeah that's what I thought. He has got some app that will read the raw data from the drive but that's all it does, but at least it shows the data is accessible :lol: Can't even take the drive from the caddy and plug it in directly because its an imac:roll:

I was wondering if he could possibly do it on a Linux machine? Not sure if theres any software for Linux that could read the mac FS?

Shengis;5625428

Yeah that's what I thought. He has got some app that will read the raw … Yeah that's what I thought. He has got some app that will read the raw data from the drive but that's all it does, but at least it shows the data is accessible :lol: Can't even take the drive from the caddy and plug it in directly because its an imac:roll:I was wondering if he could possibly do it on a Linux machine? Not sure if theres any software for Linux that could read the mac FS?

Try ringing apple support/applestore,they may be of help

I've used ]FileSalvage before successfully. It's like $90 but if you're interested, I can point you in the right direction.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just an thought regarding Paypal98
      2. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50034
      3. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?24
      4. Which Kodi Add-ons?1314

See more discussions