Groups

Help wanted to unlock Galaxy S4

Hi All
    Since you were all magnificent in unlocking my wifes phone.
    Do you have any easy cheap ways to unlock a galaxy S4

17 Comments

eBay?

Original Poster

MrMan2011

eBay?

Possibly - but I never trust those listings
    Have you ever used them?

DalekFan69

Possibly - but I never trust those listingsHave you ever used them?

I have many times and all been fine. shop around a bit

DalekFan69

Possibly - but I never trust those listingsHave you ever used them?

Depends on feedback ratings... If it's a big seller sure

Just did a quick search looks rather pricey to unlock a S4 oO

Follow steps carefully and correctly. Remember, this could damage your device.
    I accept no responsibility for any of the below

Depending on what android version/modem you have (ME2 required)

Dial *#0011#
    Press menu and tap back
    press menu again and tap key input and enter 1 and press ok button
    press menu and tap back and you should be in the ServiceMode main menu

Tap 1 for UMTS
    Tap 1 for Debug Screen
    Tap 6 for Phone Control
    Tap 6 for Network Lock
    Tap 3 for PERSO SHA256 OFF
    Go back to Menu by pressing menu then back
    Tap 6 for Common
    Tap 6 for NV Rebuild
    Tap 4 for Restore Back Up

The device will freeze, black screen, Blue LED Light, Menu and Back key ON. Device will now reboot

You may only get so far, if so then this will not work.
    You could look at rooting/flashing the phone so you can flash the ME2 modem and then use an unlocking app but again further research is required (google it)

Just use eBay that's what I did. Mind you the servers for Samsung Unlock codes are down at the moment until 3rd January. I paid for mine and got a refund by the guy as the servers are down. You'll have to wait until 3rd Jan in order to unlock any Samsung device. Then I guess they will be bombarded with requests so probably take a few days to get the request.

unlocksamsungonline.com/blo…des

Original Poster

krazyasif786

Just use eBay that's what I did. Mind you the servers for Samsung Unlock … Just use eBay that's what I did. Mind you the servers for Samsung Unlock codes are down at the moment until 3rd January. I paid for mine and got a refund by the guy as the servers are down. You'll have to wait until 3rd Jan in order to unlock any Samsung device. Then I guess they will be bombarded with requests so probably take a few days to get the request.http://www.unlocksamsungonline.com/blog/website/important-notice-unlock-by-codes

OK thanks - do you have the ebay seller

Original Poster

since online unlocking is out of order
    I wonder what manual unlocking ways are out there

DalekFan69

OK thanks - do you have the ebay seller

This is the guy I used. He responds quickly. Bought last time and within a few hours got the code. Some people say within 20 minutes. Sometimes can take up to 24-48 hours though.

ebay.co.uk/itm…9bd

Oh yeah sorry the global unlock is only affecting certain models. As per his listing.

THERE IS CURRENTLY A GLOBAL SERVICE LOSS UNTIL 3rd JAN 2015
    THIS SERVICE IS HAVING A LOW SUCCESS RATE AS A RESULT
    EFFECTED MODELS ARE S5/NOTE4/ALPHA
    IF CODE IS NOT FOUND YOU WILL BE REFUNDED
    PLEASE IGNORE BELOW PROCESSING TIMES UNTIL
    NORMAL SERVICE RESUMES ON 03/01/2015

I got refunded twice. Honest seller and pretty much 100% feedback less one guy who didn't read the full advert first. He uses two way to do the unlock first one is cheaper (as above) the other one slightly more expensive.
    Edited by: "krazyasif786" 29th Dec 2015

Original Poster

faddy224

If your device is rooted you can use this app … If your device is rooted you can use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spocky.galaxsimunlock

Thanks - what does it mean the term rooted

Original Poster

krazyasif786

Oh yeah sorry the global unlock is only affecting certain models. As per … Oh yeah sorry the global unlock is only affecting certain models. As per his listing.THERE IS CURRENTLY A GLOBAL SERVICE LOSS UNTIL 3rd JAN 2015THIS SERVICE IS HAVING A LOW SUCCESS RATE AS A RESULTEFFECTED MODELS ARE S5/NOTE4/ALPHAIF CODE IS NOT FOUND YOU WILL BE REFUNDEDPLEASE IGNORE BELOW PROCESSING TIMES UNTILNORMAL SERVICE RESUMES ON 03/01/2015I got refunded twice. Honest seller and pretty much 100% feedback less one guy who didn't read the full advert first. He uses two way to do the unlock first one is cheaper (as above) the other one slightly more expensive.

This listing states Vodafone UK network only - I am on Orange
    Does he do other networks aswell?

Ebay about £10 I've used it, worked perfectly

Original Poster

hamzabaig

Do you have the name of the seller or a link to his ebay page - thanks in advance

Original Poster

hamzabaig

Do you have the name of the seller or a link to his ebay page - thanks in advance
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. FREE Odeon cinema ticket45
      2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2121028
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767502
      4. Cat Chat77752

See more discussions