Groups

Help!!!! What does it mean when you have a flashing red light?

I have a Skoda fabia vrs and when I switched it on to come home from work there was a light that looked like a thermometer flashing on and off. The car was cold and the temp gauge was fine so not overheating. I switched the engine off and on at the traffic lights to see if the light would go off and it did and it didn't come back on again the rest of the way home. Figured maybe it's starting to get low on coolant??? Tried to check the manual but my hubby has kindly hidden it somewhere and is off on holiday grrr!!!!

20 Comments

Send it back to Microsoft

Banned

amazing what 5 seconds on google can do lol

What is the red warning light of a thermometer on instrument panel on skoda fabia?

Coolant system warning light. It should go off when you add coolant.

Cue next question - How do you top up the coolant or what is the coolant

Original Poster

csiman

amazing what 5 seconds on google can do lolWhat is the red warning light … amazing what 5 seconds on google can do lolWhat is the red warning light of a thermometer on instrument panel on skoda fabia?Coolant system warning light. It should go off when you add coolant.Cue next question - How do you top up the coolant or what is the coolant

Lol I did google but I didn't find anything, only reviews about the car. Well I know what coolant is AND i know that you shouldn't put it in while the engine is hot but you're right not got a clue where it goes. I'll'll have to talk to my neighbour nicely and hope he'll show me

Original Poster

garbage456

I have a Skoda fabia vrs does the vrs stand for very really slow?

lol no. I love my little car it's a diesel but it's quite zippy once it's got going.

VRS = Very Reliable Scrap

pmsl

Your 1st port of call should be your handbook it will tell you what each warning light means and what to do to rectify this;)

junkenstein73

Your 1st port of call should be your handbook it will tell you what each … Your 1st port of call should be your handbook it will tell you what each warning light means and what to do to rectify this;)

Your first port of call should be to read the original post

Original Poster

junkenstein73

Your 1st port of call should be your handbook it will tell you what each … Your 1st port of call should be your handbook it will tell you what each warning light means and what to do to rectify this;)

yes it was my 1st port of call or at least the place where it belongs was. Needless to say it wasn't there,my hubby had it out recently and now I can't find it and he's away until the weekend

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk

VRS = Very Reliable Scrappmsl

lol shut up you erm do you know how to put coolant in a car? pmsl

If you're looking for Skoda specific advice I'd highly recommend the Briskoda.net forum as there's a lot of good advice there.

VRS stands for Rally Sport - Skoda weren't allowed to use just RS due to Ford so they put the 'v' in front although what the v stands for is debated as even Skoda give different answers. The most common are that it's a diacritical mark the same as on the first letter of Skoda, 'Victor' or 'Vrchlabí' which is the name of one of their plants. Informally it's usually Very Rapid Skoda which is particularly appropriate for the mk Fabia VRS which rather noticeably destroyed the petrol Cooper S on Top Gear as well as being able to outpace a BMW 330i in the midrange in stock form, the engines are easily remapped for further performance.

John

garbage456

Do a little research and you'll find that a remapped vRS has very little that can compete with it for mid-range acceleration. I kid you not, I've had one.

Johnmcl7

Informally it's usually Very Rapid Skoda which is particularly … Informally it's usually Very Rapid Skoda which is particularly appropriate for the mk Fabia VRS which rather noticeably destroyed the petrol Cooper S on Top Gear as well as being able to outpace a BMW 330i in the midrange in stock form, the engines are easily remapped for further performance.John

Like I said.....(although the top gear test was against a Mini Cooper (non-S), the vRS would be slower than the Cooper S in stock form.)

Little Munchkin

lol shut up you erm do you know how to put coolant in a car? pmsl

Of course I know....you take it to a garage and they do it for you!

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk

Of course I know....you take it to a garage and they do it for you!

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking

garbage456

They are pretty much the same as VWs, yet VW have a good name...

take it to your nearest skoda dealer and play the helpless female card. :o)

be careful incase its your oil light?

hubby is off on holiday on his own???????????

moob

[quote=garbage456]They are pretty much the same as VWs, yet VW have a … [quote=garbage456]They are pretty much the same as VWs, yet VW have a good name...

Not so in recent years, Skoda's are actually far more reliable than VW', Audi's and Seat's.

Original Poster

wulshaz

hubby is off on holiday on his own???????????

No with my son. I'm home alone woohoo

Strangely I drove the car again this eve and the light didn't come on. Now i'm wondering if it was a temporary glitch

Inactive

Not so in recent years, Skoda's are actually far more reliable than VW', … Not so in recent years, Skoda's are actually far more reliable than VW', Audi's and Seat's.

Is this based on the JD Power Survey - yeah, think I noticed that - VW have never been impressive in my eyes, although the Skoda end of their business seems to run better - maybe their dealerships work harder...

Skoda VW and Seat share pretty much identical parts, including chassis.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …88152
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226

See more discussions