Groups
    EXPIRED

Help! What is an HDMI cable and what is the best (affordable) one to get!

I have just had delivery of a new 40" Sony Bravia. It is connected to my sky plus box, however i would now like to connect it to my DVD/blu ray player (or maybe my new sony home cinema when it arrives...not sure if I'll keep the blu ray player)

I have heard 'HDMI' alot and would just like to know what it is and if i need to get one to use with any of the equipmet above! What is the best type to get etc.

11 Comments

Don't get caught up with all the HDMI hype...
    HDMI signals are sent digitally (unlike scart) so the cheapest option is the best...You should be able to pick HDMI cables for under a fiver.

If we were talking about scart leads - that would be different!

If you feel the need to waste money on expensive branded HDMI cables - be my guest :thumbsup:

HDMI cable is one that you can connect two HDMI ports together - you can get them pretty cheap andthey are worth it.

amazon.co.uk/Fis…8-1

Have a read here.
    It would suggest that all cables are not the same.
    I'm not going to pretend I understand it or that I read it all, but it is there if you want to find out more for yourself.

You might regret looking there though.

]http//en…DMI

I got mine from eBay.. sent next day by seller : dr_hdmi_cable
    £4.50 delivered for 3m cable

Jumpingphil;3669057

Have a read here.It would suggest that all cables are not the same.I'm … Have a read here.It would suggest that all cables are not the same.I'm not going to pretend I understand it or that I read it all, but it is there if you want to find out more for yourself.You might regret looking there though.]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

The important thing is being 1.3 almost all are...

[email protected];3669090

The important thing is being 1.3 almost all are...

I got lost reading all that.
    As I said, I don't pretend to understand it.
    Just posted it 'cos it was there. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cool, thanks for all your help! Am I right in thinking that an HDMI cable can be used instead of a scart??:oops:

chunky;3669301

Cool, thanks for all your help! Am I right in thinking that an HDMI … Cool, thanks for all your help! Am I right in thinking that an HDMI cable can be used instead of a scart??:oops:

Yes. It does the same thing but only between two HDMI devices. HDMI DVD player and HDMI TV will connect with an HDMI cable and give video and sound (at higher quality than SCART!)

Original Poster

[email protected];3669425

Yes. It does the same thing but only between two HDMI devices. HDMI DVD … Yes. It does the same thing but only between two HDMI devices. HDMI DVD player and HDMI TV will connect with an HDMI cable and give video and sound (at higher quality than SCART!)

Perfect...thank you :thumbsup:

chunky;3669495

Perfect...thank you :thumbsup:

Anytime :thumbsup:

Buy this one it is TOP qualiy - i know i have 3 of them!!

play.com/Ele…e=2
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)911
      2. Recommend a free reminder app46
      3. which site is best to buy Xiaomi?67
      4. BT Sport Vs SkySports11

See more discussions